Sam & Max sequel coming after all?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

"pRot3us" <prot3usremove@proteusremovethispart.freeserve.co.removeuk>
wrote in news:41fe2468$0$110$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net:

> http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=26888&category=gamers
>
> I do hope so, not familiar with bad brain entertainment though, I hope
> they don't f**k his up

Did you read the entire thread? It includes the following statement:

"Bad Brain has announced publicly on their website that negotianions have
been cancelled and there will be no new Sam and Max"

--
Murray Peterson
Email: murray.spamtrap1@shaw.ca

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

> Did you read the entire thread? It includes the following statement:
>
> "Bad Brain has announced publicly on their website that negotianions have
> been cancelled and there will be no new Sam and Max"

oops, damn
;¬(

oh well

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:07:38 -0000
"pRot3us" <prot3usremove@proteusremovethispart.freeserve.co.removeuk> wrote:

> > Did you read the entire thread? It includes the following statement:
> >
> > "Bad Brain has announced publicly on their website that negotianions have
> > been cancelled and there will be no new Sam and Max"
>
> oops, damn
> ;¬(
>
> oh well

It could never have happened. Aside from the frankly unbelievable, laudably philanthropic exceptions of people like Revolution software, game makers like the Star Wars Company hold onto game rights with grim obstinacy, even if they do plan never so much as to refer to them again and most of their own staff don't even know about the existence of the early ones. (Employee ignorance of older products is equally frustrating in the hardware field. I walked into PC world the other day and asked for a null-modem cable and the sales droid looked at me as if I was wearing lederhosen, clogs, a red nose and a propeller-beanie. It's not quite obsolete technology yet, why else would all modern PCs still have the damn RS232 sockets on them?)

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

> I walked into PC world the other day and asked for a null-modem cable and
the >sales droid looked at me as if I was wearing >lederhosen, clogs, a red
nose and a propeller-beanie. It's not quite obsolete technology >yet, why
else would all modern PCs still >have the damn RS232 sockets on them?)

I'm sorry, but if you buy hardware at PC world you deserve everything you
get

;¬D

Sean

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 16:14:16 -0000
"pRot3us" <prot3usremove@proteusremovethispart.freeserve.co.removeuk> wrote:

> > I walked into PC world the other day and asked for a null-modem cable and
> the >sales droid looked at me as if I was wearing >lederhosen, clogs, a red
> nose and a propeller-beanie. It's not quite obsolete technology >yet, why
> else would all modern PCs still >have the damn RS232 sockets on them?)
>
> I'm sorry, but if you buy hardware at PC world you deserve everything you
> get
>
> ;¬D
>
> Sean

I guess I should have qualified the statement: It was Sunday afternoon, I needed it in a hurry so mail order wasn't an option, Maplin had sold out and I couldn't think of anywhere else that might have had one. In the end I scrounged around the workshop for some old connectors and a bit of cable and cobbled one together. Normally I wouldn't touch PC world with a bargepole.

Tom

Werner

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2003

Murray Peterson wrote:
> Did you read the entire thread? It includes the following statement:
>
> "Bad Brain has announced publicly on their website that negotianions have
> been cancelled and there will be no new Sam and Max"

Well, the rights go back to Steve Purcell in 2005 and then all options
are open again for a smaller price... could be the reason for stopping
the negotiations with Lucasarts...