Possible that I have TWO recovery partitions?

commissarmo

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
I install Win7 on a RAID 10 system and some kind of an error the first time I tried. The second time worked fine, but on the install screen, I noticed that the failed install attempt had added its own recovery partition, which I was unable to delete from that screen.

Now, with the second install... I go to drive partitions and notice that there is only 1 recovery partition, as there should be.

I suppose the best advice in this case is to just clean reinstall everything, since I don't want a second recovery partition theoretically floating out there (I use Acronis for backups, and they can mess with each other), even if the partition manager doesn't display it.

I was wondering though, if anyone knew anything about this scenario of double recovery partitions...

Thanks

Solution
If you are only seeing 1 Recovery partition from the Disk Management screen, then there is only one. More than likely (assuming you did a format) when you installed windows the second time it overwrote that first one.

From Disk Management, are there any random or unassigned partitions? or just the OS and 1 Recovery partition?
If you are only seeing 1 Recovery partition from the Disk Management screen, then there is only one. More than likely (assuming you did a format) when you installed windows the second time it overwrote that first one.

From Disk Management, are there any random or unassigned partitions? or just the OS and 1 Recovery partition?

Solution

commissarmo

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
Ok - that makes sense, I suppose I was wondering if DiskManagement was lying to me or not...

According to that, there's only the OS and 1 Recovery. Being paranoid, and having nothing installed yet, I just re-installed everything on a clean RAID 10.

Thanks!