Dumb forum question

papagym

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Hi all,

This is a pretty dumb question but if I read/answer a post.

How do I get back to where I was before I clicked into that post?

I'm new to this forum and most forums I've been on have a next post button or something similar to return you to where you were. Clicking on the <blue arrow or on forum is really a pain... bucause it's hard to find out where I left off.
Thanks

Toward the top or bottom of the page it has the tree for the post ( ie Tom's Hardware > Forum > Windows 7 > General Discussion > Dumb forum question ) in this thread -- just click on any of the upper branches and it will take you to that part of the forum - ( ie. clicking on Windows 7 would take you to the windows 7 forum - clicking on General Discussion would take you to the windows 7 general discussion section - etc. )

catatafish

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
I always right click "open in new window" when I go anywhere. Then when I'm done I close the window and I'm back where I was. More and more throughout the web I run in to pages that hijack me and never let me return. Open in New Window pwns those.

WTF? did you learn from me or somthing lol. I do the exact same thing... hmm wierd.....

rdzona

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

Same here, except I usually open in new tab.

rdzona

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

Lol, same here except its usually open in a new tab instead.

For some strange reason, whenever someone replies to this exact thread - I have to open it up 2-3 times to see the new message - and the last message it shows for me is:

catatafish wrote :

I always right click "open in new window" when I go anywhere. Then when I'm done I close the window and I'm back where I was. More and more throughout the web I run in to pages that hijack me and never let me return. Open in New Window pwns those.

WTF? did you learn from me or somthing lol. I do the exact same thing... hmm wierd.....

???? strange.

Instead of left clicking to open the thread press down (click) on your mouse scroll wheel -- and it opens the thread in a new tab (at least it does on my system using FireFox !)

rdzona

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

That is groovy. Works for Chrome too. Learned something new today.

rdzona

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

That one I knew about and not as groovy as the middle mouse click. That's one action. Hard to beat that.