Many Problems Need Help

First I have Windows 2000 pro and Windows Xp home. I tried
setting the 500 series base station up to both computers
but the wizard wont detect the base station, I tried
using 192.168.2.1, that didnt work either. Whats strange
is I can still acess the internet with both computers
wireless through the base statiion and adapter, it just
wont recognize it. The second problem I am running into:
My dad has a VPN for work and when the wirless is
connected he cant log onto the work intranet. When I
disconnect the wirless he can connect with no problem. Any
help would be great. (Also I lost my notebook adapter
anybody know where it is?)

sarah

Did you know you can't use it with W2000? Says so in the manual

On Tue, 4 May 2004 10:10:05 -0700, "Tber" <tber52@hotmail.com> wrote:

>First I have Windows 2000 pro and Windows Xp home. I tried
>setting the 500 series base station up to both computers
>but the wizard wont detect the base station, I tried
>using 192.168.2.1, that didnt work either. Whats strange
>is I can still acess the internet with both computers
>wireless through the base statiion and adapter, it just
>wont recognize it. The second problem I am running into:
>My dad has a VPN for work and when the wirless is
>connected he cant log onto the work intranet. When I
>disconnect the wirless he can connect with no problem. Any
>help would be great. (Also I lost my notebook adapter
>anybody know where it is?)

joker

You can't program the router through the software in Windows 2000.
Windows 2000 is a supported OS meaning it will work. RTFM Sarah before
you make yourself look like an ID10T.

Sarah wrote:

> Did you know you can't use it with W2000? Says so in the manual
>

> On Tue, 4 May 2004 10:10:05 -0700, "Tber" <tber52@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>First I have Windows 2000 pro and Windows Xp home. I tried
>>setting the 500 series base station up to both computers
>>but the wizard wont detect the base station, I tried
>>using 192.168.2.1, that didnt work either. Whats strange
>>is I can still acess the internet with both computers
>>wireless through the base statiion and adapter, it just
>>wont recognize it. The second problem I am running into:
>>My dad has a VPN for work and when the wirless is
>>connected he cant log onto the work intranet. When I
>>disconnect the wirless he can connect with no problem. Any
>>help would be great. (Also I lost my notebook adapter
>>anybody know where it is?)

joker

Go Start | Run | type in "cmd" (without the quotes) | Click ok | in the
black window type in ipconfig. You should get an IP address. Does it
start with a 192.168.2.* or is it something else? If it starts with
anything else you need to change the network adapter to use DHCP instead
of a static IP address.