Access Point works with router but not switch

RednBlack

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
Hi. I want to use my Dlink router as an access point. I already configured it as an access point (dhcp disabled, PnP disabled etc.) When I plug my access point into my router, I can connect to the network and load webpages.

I want to use my access point downstairs with my switch. It's a plug and play 5 port switch. When I connect my access point to the switch, the wireless network shows up, but I can't connect to it (limited or no connectivity). Same goes for my computer connected to the access point. What could be causing this problem?

john-b691

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
First I will assume your switch is attached to the router ?

Do you get lights on the switch when you plug in the cable. Most newer stuff do not worry about straight or cross cables but technically you need a cross cable if you are plugging switch port to switch port.

RednBlack

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
Yes I have my switch connected to my router. The lights on the switch for the other devices flash frequently. The light indicator for the port connected to the access point flashes slowly (3 seconds on, 3 seconds off).

RednBlack

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
The manual told me almost nothing. I think it might be a problem with the access point. Everything else connected to the switch works. Could I have missed a setting?