Sign in with
Your question

Sound card conflict's?

Last response: in Components
September 25, 2002 10:00:44 PM

After moving my sound card(SB Live Value)to different PCI slot's(5 total)to keep it from sharing IRQ's with my video card(MSI G4 Ti4600)it now share's IRQ's with other 'applications' that I am unfamiliar with. Only two slot's allow for my video card to have it's own IRQ(11) and not share with my sound card. Slot 3 assign's my sound card to IRQ 9 sharing it with 'Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System' & 'Intel 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller-2444'. Slot 4 assign's my sound card to IRQ 10 sharing it with 'Intel 82801BA/BAM SMBus Controller-2443'. What are these "application's" sharing IRQ's with my sound card and then which of the two IRQ's would be best for my sound card as far as performance/conflict's? Thanks

More about : sound card conflict

a b U Graphics card
September 26, 2002 4:03:55 AM

Probably better to share it with the System Management Bus controller, as sharing it with the USB controller could result in popping noises I think. USB has actually come a long way since the days of "where did my USB device disappear to", so I'm not really certain on that point.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
a b U Graphics card
September 26, 2002 3:00:12 PM

I agree with Crashmans advise. Ryan

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.
September 27, 2002 1:39:10 AM

Thank's guy's,appreciate it.

codeseven
!