Sound card conflict's?

After moving my sound card(SB Live Value)to different PCI slot's(5 total)to keep it from sharing IRQ's with my video card(MSI G4 Ti4600)it now share's IRQ's with other 'applications' that I am unfamiliar with. Only two slot's allow for my video card to have it's own IRQ(11) and not share with my sound card. Slot 3 assign's my sound card to IRQ 9 sharing it with 'Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System' & 'Intel 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller-2444'. Slot 4 assign's my sound card to IRQ 10 sharing it with 'Intel 82801BA/BAM SMBus Controller-2443'. What are these "application's" sharing IRQ's with my sound card and then which of the two IRQ's would be best for my sound card as far as performance/conflict's? Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about sound card conflict
  1. Probably better to share it with the System Management Bus controller, as sharing it with the USB controller could result in popping noises I think. USB has actually come a long way since the days of "where did my USB device disappear to", so I'm not really certain on that point.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
  2. I agree with Crashmans advise. Ryan

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.
  3. Thank's guy's,appreciate it.

codeseven
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Controller Graphics Cards Components