Amerzone - Recommend?

gseven

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2004
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

I understand that Amerzone is similar to the Syberia games. Is it a
recommended play? How does it stack up to today's standards? WinXP
compatible?

Thanks!

Lynne

Distinguished
May 7, 2004
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

I thoroughly enjoyed this one. The graphics were very nice, with whimsical
creatures. If you've played (and enjoyed) Syberia, you might enjoy this one
as well. Give the demo a try.

Lynne

"Lynne" <sophieaz@cox.invalid> wrote in message
>I thoroughly enjoyed this one. The graphics were very nice, with whimsical
> creatures. If you've played (and enjoyed) Syberia, you might enjoy this
> one
> as well. Give the demo a try.
>
> Lynne
>
> "Gseven" <ggmediaNOT@myway.com> wrote in message
>> I understand that Amerzone is similar to the Syberia games. Is it a
>> recommended play? How does it stack up to today's standards? WinXP
>> compatible?
>>
>> Thanks!

Thanks, Lynne. DL'ing the demo, now.

ceebee

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

"Gseven" <ggmediaNOT@myway.com> wrote in
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure:

> I understand that Amerzone is similar to the Syberia games. Is
> it a recommended play? How does it stack up to today's
> standards?

There's a playable demo download available at many places. here's
one:

http://www.microids.com/Downloads.aspx

It's a bit more static, not much interaction with characters, a
bit short, with simple puzzles, and sometimes more pixel hunting
than you might like, but graphically still stunning, and beautiful
music.

> WinXP compatible?

Not 100% sure, but I don't think you'll run into problems.

--
CeeBee

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."

ceebee

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

CeeBee <ceebeechester@start.com.au> wrote in
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure:

In answer to:

>> WinXP compatible?

I just downloaded the demo to see if it worked properly and no
problems on my laptop with XP Pro.

--

"CeeBee" <ceebeechester@start.com.au> wrote in message
> CeeBee <ceebeechester@start.com.au> wrote in
> comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure:
>
> In answer to:
>
>>> WinXP compatible?
>
> I just downloaded the demo to see if it worked properly and no
> problems on my laptop with XP Pro.
>

> --
> CeeBee
>

> "I don't know half of you
> half as well as I should like;
> and I like less than half of you
> half as well as you deserve."

Appreciate that, CeeBee. Based on your input, I will give it a shot.

G7

JA

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Um is it impossible to finish the demo? I seem to be stuck..

"CeeBee" <ceebeechester@start.com.au> schreef in bericht
> "Gseven" <ggmediaNOT@myway.com> wrote in
> comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure:
>
> > I understand that Amerzone is similar to the Syberia games. Is
> > it a recommended play? How does it stack up to today's
> > standards?
>
> There's a playable demo download available at many places. here's
> one:
>
> http://www.microids.com/Downloads.aspx
>
> It's a bit more static, not much interaction with characters, a
> bit short, with simple puzzles, and sometimes more pixel hunting
> than you might like, but graphically still stunning, and beautiful
> music.
>
> > WinXP compatible?
>
> Not 100% sure, but I don't think you'll run into problems.
>

> --
> CeeBee
>

> "I don't know half of you
> half as well as I should like;
> and I like less than half of you
> half as well as you deserve."

ceebee

"Ja" <ja1@gmx.net> wrote in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure:

> Um is it impossible to finish the demo? I seem to be stuck..

Yes, I remember you opened that door through the computer, but
couldn't proceed any further to that elevator.

For testing XP compatibility I kicked the demo off my laptop before
ending it, and playing the demo for the first time - and to the end
- was about 5 years ago, so I might be mistaken.