Need help on Seiklus

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

I recently discovered a cool and unique adventure game called
'Seiklus'. It's hard to describe in detail, but reminds me a lot of
Super Mario Bros.

My question is: Is collecting the colored 'flying things' the main
objective in the game? I remembered the game intro where a meteor
separates the hero from his girlfriend. But other than jumping,
climbing and collecting flying colored 'objects', I'm stumped as to the
controls used in the game.

So far, I know that the cursor keys both move and jump the player, too.
And that the spacebar activates some sort of inventory screen. Can any
of the items in the inventory be selected/used in some way?

This is a really interesting game thus far, and I really like the
atmosphere.

Has anyone else played Seiklus?

Paul

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Hello CK,

I reached a point in the game where I got stuck. I stumbled upon a
piano and noticed each time I jumped on a different musical note, it
played a tune and then lit up a "stoplight" with various colors.

I am assume this is a puzzle of some kind, but couldn't determine (via
the walkthrough) how to get past it.

Do you remember how to get past that part?

My saved game file says 48%.

Paul

CK wrote:
> > I recently discovered a cool and unique adventure game called
> > 'Seiklus'. It's hard to describe in detail, but reminds me a lot of
> > Super Mario Bros.
> >
> > My question is: Is collecting the colored 'flying things' the main
> > objective in the game? I remembered the game intro where a meteor
> > separates the hero from his girlfriend. But other than jumping,
> > climbing and collecting flying colored 'objects', I'm stumped as to
the
> > controls used in the game.
> >
> > So far, I know that the cursor keys both move and jump the player,
too.
> > And that the spacebar activates some sort of inventory screen. Can
any
> > of the items in the inventory be selected/used in some way?
> >
> > This is a really interesting game thus far, and I really like the
> > atmosphere.
> >
> > Has anyone else played Seiklus?
> >
> I've played it, and I did enjoy the atmosphere and music immensely.
It
> was a good few months ago that I last played it though, so I can't
> really remember the details. I'm not a huge fan of platformy games,
so I
> enjoyed it immensely for a couple of hours and then it kind of fell
by
> the wayside.
>
> Everyone here should give it a try, and then maybe they'll be able to

> help you more.
>
> CK

CK

Distinguished
May 25, 2004
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

> I recently discovered a cool and unique adventure game called
> 'Seiklus'. It's hard to describe in detail, but reminds me a lot of
> Super Mario Bros.
>
> My question is: Is collecting the colored 'flying things' the main
> objective in the game? I remembered the game intro where a meteor
> separates the hero from his girlfriend. But other than jumping,
> climbing and collecting flying colored 'objects', I'm stumped as to the
> controls used in the game.
>
> So far, I know that the cursor keys both move and jump the player, too.
> And that the spacebar activates some sort of inventory screen. Can any
> of the items in the inventory be selected/used in some way?
>
> This is a really interesting game thus far, and I really like the
> atmosphere.
>
> Has anyone else played Seiklus?

I've played it, and I did enjoy the atmosphere and music immensely. It
was a good few months ago that I last played it though, so I can't
really remember the details. I'm not a huge fan of platformy games, so I
enjoyed it immensely for a couple of hours and then it kind of fell by
the wayside.

Everyone here should give it a try, and then maybe they'll be able to
help you more.

CK

CK

Distinguished
May 25, 2004
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

> Hello CK,
>
> I reached a point in the game where I got stuck. I stumbled upon a
> piano and noticed each time I jumped on a different musical note, it
> played a tune and then lit up a "stoplight" with various colors.
>
> I am assume this is a puzzle of some kind, but couldn't determine (via
> the walkthrough) how to get past it.
>
> Do you remember how to get past that part?
>
> My saved game file says 48%.
>
> Paul

Ah. I certainly didn't get that far in. And it seemed from the beginning
that you could go vast distances in multiple directions, so even if
I'd got 48% through, I might not have got to the same point that you did.

Sorry.

Wildly speculating from other adventure games, have you heard a
particular tune or seen any colour patterns lately? Whilst playing the
game, obviously, not through staring at clouds after taking
mind-altering drugs... :)

Or you could try GameFAQs or UHS hints to see if they have a solution
worded in a way that makes more sense than the walkthrough you have.

CK