Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

V600 Opinions needed...

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 6:55:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Hey all.

I've seen different views on the V600 and I wanted to see everyone's
view on it.

My insurance company is buying me a new cell phone and I get to choose
what ever I want. I like the V600 cause it's the top end Motorola. I
could however go for the V400 but I'd need to unlock it or I can go for
the V300.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

GC

More about : v600 opinions needed

September 20, 2004 7:47:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

"Gentleman Caller" <Dalton_Michaels@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:NEr3d.457148$M95.179063@pd7tw1no...
> Hey all.
>
> I've seen different views on the V600 and I wanted to see everyone's view
> on it.
>
> My insurance company is buying me a new cell phone and I get to choose
> what ever I want. I like the V600 cause it's the top end Motorola. I
> could however go for the V400 but I'd need to unlock it or I can go for
> the V300.
>
> Any advice would be helpful.
>
> Thanks
>

The V400 from Cinglular is unlocked. I am not sure if this is the case when
you purchase the phone from another service provider.

My biggest complaints about the phone, are that I cannot hear it ringing and
the buttons on the side tend to get pressed when I put it in my pocket.
Other than that it seems to work very well. If you want Bluetooth then get
the V600, but I cannot comment on the quality of the calls.
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 8:17:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

"David" <no.spam@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
news:xps3d.8575$Gn3.7568@fe2.texas.rr.com...
>
> "Gentleman Caller" <Dalton_Michaels@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:NEr3d.457148$M95.179063@pd7tw1no...
>> Hey all.
>>
>> I've seen different views on the V600 and I wanted to see everyone's view
>> on it.
>>
>> My insurance company is buying me a new cell phone and I get to choose
>> what ever I want. I like the V600 cause it's the top end Motorola. I
>> could however go for the V400 but I'd need to unlock it or I can go for
>> the V300.
>>
>> Any advice would be helpful.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>
> The V400 from Cinglular is unlocked. I am not sure if this is the case
> when you purchase the phone from another service provider.
>
> My biggest complaints about the phone, are that I cannot hear it ringing
> and the buttons on the side tend to get pressed when I put it in my
> pocket. Other than that it seems to work very well. If you want Bluetooth
> then get the V600, but I cannot comment on the quality of the calls.
I have a V400 also, and even tho I wear hearing aids, I don't have a problem
hearing it ring. I set the phone ringer on mine, not the musical ring tones.
If I want to hear music, I listen to the radio.

The ear piece volume could be louder, that's the only complaint I have.

A good phone.
Related resources
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 12:19:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

I have the V600 & after a few tweaks, it works great. If you want to learn
more about it first, try
http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid...

"bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message
news:D I-dnQ7gIaV11dLcRVn-oQ@centurytel.net...
>
> "David" <no.spam@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
> news:xps3d.8575$Gn3.7568@fe2.texas.rr.com...
>>
>> "Gentleman Caller" <Dalton_Michaels@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:NEr3d.457148$M95.179063@pd7tw1no...
>>> Hey all.
>>>
>>> I've seen different views on the V600 and I wanted to see everyone's
>>> view on it.
>>>
>>> My insurance company is buying me a new cell phone and I get to choose
>>> what ever I want. I like the V600 cause it's the top end Motorola. I
>>> could however go for the V400 but I'd need to unlock it or I can go for
>>> the V300.
>>>
>>> Any advice would be helpful.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>
>> The V400 from Cinglular is unlocked. I am not sure if this is the case
>> when you purchase the phone from another service provider.
>>
>> My biggest complaints about the phone, are that I cannot hear it ringing
>> and the buttons on the side tend to get pressed when I put it in my
>> pocket. Other than that it seems to work very well. If you want Bluetooth
>> then get the V600, but I cannot comment on the quality of the calls.
> I have a V400 also, and even tho I wear hearing aids, I don't have a
> problem hearing it ring. I set the phone ringer on mine, not the musical
> ring tones. If I want to hear music, I listen to the radio.
>
> The ear piece volume could be louder, that's the only complaint I have.
>
> A good phone.
>
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 8:46:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

You can see some reviews and specific Customer Comments about the
Motorolla V600 here -- seems to get mixed reviews, people either love
it or hate it...

http://camera-phone.review-center.com/catalog/product.p...


Gentleman Caller <Dalton_Michaels@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<NEr3d.457148$M95.179063@pd7tw1no>...
> Hey all.
>
> I've seen different views on the V 600 and I wanted to see everyone's
> view on it.
>
> My insurance company is buying me a new cell phone and I get to choose
> what ever I want. I like the V 600 cause it's the top end Motorola. I
> could however go for the V 400 but I'd need to unlock it or I can go for
> the V 300.
>
> Any advice would be helpful.
>
> Thanks
>
> GC
Anonymous
September 25, 2004 1:12:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

I have the V600 with AT&T and I think this is the best phone. I get
excellent reception and the bluetooth works great on the phone.


--
talksense
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://cellphoneforums.net
View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t148398.html
September 26, 2004 2:33:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

"Gentleman Caller" <Dalton_Michaels@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:NEr3d.457148$M95.179063@pd7tw1no...
> Hey all.
>
> I've seen different views on the V600 and I wanted to see everyone's
> view on it.
>
> My insurance company is buying me a new cell phone and I get to choose
> what ever I want. I like the V600 cause it's the top end Motorola. I
> could however go for the V400 but I'd need to unlock it or I can go for
> the V300.

I don't have any of them, so cannot give you a review. Except---

these are all similar phones, except the v600, as you say, is the top of the
line, has more features, etc. I think the only reason someone would choose
v300 over v600 is lower price. If your insurance company would buy you
either in full, and not give you money back for buying the lesser cost
phone, the answer seems simple-the v600!

What kind of insurance is this though?? They will buy you whatever phone you
want, even if it costs much more than the one that was stolen from you (or
destroyed in fire, or whatever happened)? That sounds very unusual. Please
explain.

If they will buy any phone, from whatever manufacturer, you could quite
likely buy a better phone than a v600. How about a smartphone? (But, from
the 3 models you mention, I would certainly think the v600 would be the
best.)
September 29, 2004 11:05:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Good info
http://www.vxxxstuff.com

" MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<1096177086.268031@news-1.nethere.net>...
> "Gentleman Caller" <Dalton_Michaels@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:NEr3d.457148$M95.179063@pd7tw1no...
> > Hey all.
> >
> > I've seen different views on the V600 and I wanted to see everyone's
> > view on it.
> >
> > My insurance company is buying me a new cell phone and I get to choose
> > what ever I want. I like the V600 cause it's the top end Motorola. I
> > could however go for the V400 but I'd need to unlock it or I can go for
> > the V300.
>
> I don't have any of them, so cannot give you a review. Except---
>
> these are all similar phones, except the v600, as you say, is the top of the
> line, has more features, etc. I think the only reason someone would choose
> v300 over v600 is lower price. If your insurance company would buy you
> either in full, and not give you money back for buying the lesser cost
> phone, the answer seems simple-the v600!
>
> What kind of insurance is this though?? They will buy you whatever phone you
> want, even if it costs much more than the one that was stolen from you (or
> destroyed in fire, or whatever happened)? That sounds very unusual. Please
> explain.
>
> If they will buy any phone, from whatever manufacturer, you could quite
> likely buy a better phone than a v600. How about a smartphone? (But, from
> the 3 models you mention, I would certainly think the v600 would be the
> best.)
Anonymous
October 5, 2004 4:32:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Got one myself, I like it, but it is still a little glitchy. At times I have
had to power cycle it multiple times to get it to charge, then several
missed alarms go off at once. I moved (supposedly) from the v.60, on it you
could read text messages on the outside screen and not have to open the
phone, not so on the v.600. Intermittent trouble with Mobile Phone Tools not
wanting to see the phone. on the flip side takes good pix -for a phone, you
can compose your own unique ringtones - if you want to spend that kind of
time on a ringtone. I am actually starting to appreciate the ability to play
games on it, mainly while waiting in line for whatever.

Just my random thoughts

-Mikey

" MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:1096177086.268031@news-1.nethere.net...
>
> "Gentleman Caller" <Dalton_Michaels@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:NEr3d.457148$M95.179063@pd7tw1no...
> > Hey all.
> >
> > I've seen different views on the V600 and I wanted to see everyone's
> > view on it.
> >
> > My insurance company is buying me a new cell phone and I get to choose
> > what ever I want. I like the V600 cause it's the top end Motorola. I
> > could however go for the V400 but I'd need to unlock it or I can go for
> > the V300.
>
> I don't have any of them, so cannot give you a review. Except---
>
> these are all similar phones, except the v600, as you say, is the top of
the
> line, has more features, etc. I think the only reason someone would choose
> v300 over v600 is lower price. If your insurance company would buy you
> either in full, and not give you money back for buying the lesser cost
> phone, the answer seems simple-the v600!
>
> What kind of insurance is this though?? They will buy you whatever phone
you
> want, even if it costs much more than the one that was stolen from you (or
> destroyed in fire, or whatever happened)? That sounds very unusual. Please
> explain.
>
> If they will buy any phone, from whatever manufacturer, you could quite
> likely buy a better phone than a v600. How about a smartphone? (But, from
> the 3 models you mention, I would certainly think the v600 would be the
> best.)
>
>
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 9:51:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In news:J_-dnVd-U_Era__cRVn-rA@comcast.com,
The_Mikey <the_mikey@nospam.go.com> informed us:
| Got one myself, I like it, but it is still a little glitchy. At times
| I have had to power cycle it multiple times to get it to charge, then
| several missed alarms go off at once. I moved (supposedly) from the
| v.60, on it you could read text messages on the outside screen and
| not have to open the phone, not so on the v.600. Intermittent trouble
| with Mobile Phone Tools not wanting to see the phone. on the flip
| side takes good pix -for a phone, you can compose your own unique
| ringtones - if you want to spend that kind of time on a ringtone. I
| am actually starting to appreciate the ability to play games on it,
| mainly while waiting in line for whatever.

Reading these reviews have been helppful, especially because I'm
thinking of upgrading my trusty v60 by the end of the year. I want to go
with something proven, and I hope that the RAZR will cause some prices
on the more established models to drop a bit.

I have a few friends who rave about their v400 and v600, and have been
seriously considering the 600 (or maybe it'll be a 620 by the time I'm
ready). But my cousin just got a v710. I played with it for a bit, seems
cool, uses Bluetooth and has a nice camera. So, what's the big diff
between the v600/620 and the 710?
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 10:59:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

In article <vgW8d.10057$gs1.9305@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
Tom Accuosti <taccuostiMY@VIRUSearthlink.net> wrote:
>In news:J_-dnVd-U_Era__cRVn-rA@comcast.com,
>The_Mikey <the_mikey@nospam.go.com> informed us:
>| Got one myself, I like it, but it is still a little glitchy. At times
>| I have had to power cycle it multiple times to get it to charge, then
>| several missed alarms go off at once. I moved (supposedly) from the
>| v.60, on it you could read text messages on the outside screen and
>| not have to open the phone, not so on the v.600. Intermittent trouble
>| with Mobile Phone Tools not wanting to see the phone. on the flip
>| side takes good pix -for a phone, you can compose your own unique
>| ringtones - if you want to spend that kind of time on a ringtone. I
>| am actually starting to appreciate the ability to play games on it,
>| mainly while waiting in line for whatever.
>
>Reading these reviews have been helppful, especially because I'm
>thinking of upgrading my trusty v60 by the end of the year. I want to go
>with something proven, and I hope that the RAZR will cause some prices
>on the more established models to drop a bit.
>
>I have a few friends who rave about their v400 and v600, and have been
>seriously considering the 600 (or maybe it'll be a 620 by the time I'm
>ready). But my cousin just got a v710. I played with it for a bit, seems
>cool, uses Bluetooth and has a nice camera. So, what's the big diff
>between the v600/620 and the 710?

The V710 is a CDMA phone.
The V600 (and most of the other "triplets" models) are GSM.
!