V600 Opinions needed...

Hey all.

I've seen different views on the V600 and I wanted to see everyone's
view on it.

My insurance company is buying me a new cell phone and I get to choose
what ever I want. I like the V600 cause it's the top end Motorola. I
could however go for the V400 but I'd need to unlock it or I can go for
the V300.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

GC
10 answers Last reply
More about v600 opinions needed

    "Gentleman Caller" <Dalton_Michaels@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hey all.
    >
    > I've seen different views on the V600 and I wanted to see everyone's view
    > on it.
    >
    > My insurance company is buying me a new cell phone and I get to choose
    > what ever I want. I like the V600 cause it's the top end Motorola. I
    > could however go for the V400 but I'd need to unlock it or I can go for
    > the V300.
    >
    > Any advice would be helpful.
    >
    > Thanks

    The V400 from Cinglular is unlocked. I am not sure if this is the case when
    you purchase the phone from another service provider.

    My biggest complaints about the phone, are that I cannot hear it ringing and
    the buttons on the side tend to get pressed when I put it in my pocket.
    Other than that it seems to work very well. If you want Bluetooth then get
    the V600, but I cannot comment on the quality of the calls.

    "David" <no.spam@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

    > "Gentleman Caller" <Dalton_Michaels@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hey all.
    >>
    >> I've seen different views on the V600 and I wanted to see everyone's view
    >> on it.
    >>
    >> My insurance company is buying me a new cell phone and I get to choose
    >> what ever I want. I like the V600 cause it's the top end Motorola. I
    >> could however go for the V400 but I'd need to unlock it or I can go for
    >> the V300.
    >>
    >> Any advice would be helpful.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > The V400 from Cinglular is unlocked. I am not sure if this is the case
    > when you purchase the phone from another service provider.
    >
    > My biggest complaints about the phone, are that I cannot hear it ringing
    > and the buttons on the side tend to get pressed when I put it in my
    > pocket. Other than that it seems to work very well. If you want Bluetooth
    > then get the V600, but I cannot comment on the quality of the calls.
    I have a V400 also, and even tho I wear hearing aids, I don't have a problem
    hearing it ring. I set the phone ringer on mine, not the musical ring tones.
    If I want to hear music, I listen to the radio.

    The ear piece volume could be louder, that's the only complaint I have.

    A good phone.

    I have the V600 & after a few tweaks, it works great. If you want to learn
    more about it first, try
    http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=38

    "bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message

    > "David" <no.spam@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Gentleman Caller" <Dalton_Michaels@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hey all.
    >>>
    >>> I've seen different views on the V600 and I wanted to see everyone's
    >>> view on it.
    >>>
    >>> My insurance company is buying me a new cell phone and I get to choose
    >>> what ever I want. I like the V600 cause it's the top end Motorola. I
    >>> could however go for the V400 but I'd need to unlock it or I can go for
    >>> the V300.
    >>>
    >>> Any advice would be helpful.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>

    >> The V400 from Cinglular is unlocked. I am not sure if this is the case
    >> when you purchase the phone from another service provider.
    >>
    >> My biggest complaints about the phone, are that I cannot hear it ringing
    >> and the buttons on the side tend to get pressed when I put it in my
    >> pocket. Other than that it seems to work very well. If you want Bluetooth
    >> then get the V600, but I cannot comment on the quality of the calls.
    > I have a V400 also, and even tho I wear hearing aids, I don't have a
    > problem hearing it ring. I set the phone ringer on mine, not the musical
    > ring tones. If I want to hear music, I listen to the radio.
    >
    > The ear piece volume could be louder, that's the only complaint I have.
    >
    > A good phone.

    You can see some reviews and specific Customer Comments about the
    Motorolla V600 here -- seems to get mixed reviews, people either love
    it or hate it...

    http://camera-phone.review-center.com/catalog/product.php?ASIN=B00020R0TC

    Gentleman Caller <Dalton_Michaels@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<NEr3d.457148$M95.179063@pd7tw1no>...
    > Hey all.
    >
    > I've seen different views on the V 600 and I wanted to see everyone's
    > view on it.
    >
    > My insurance company is buying me a new cell phone and I get to choose
    > what ever I want. I like the V 600 cause it's the top end Motorola. I
    > could however go for the V 400 but I'd need to unlock it or I can go for
    > the V 300.
    >
    > Any advice would be helpful.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > GC

    I have the V600 with AT&T and I think this is the best phone. I get
    excellent reception and the bluetooth works great on the phone.

    --
    talksense
    http://cellphoneforums.net

    "Gentleman Caller" <Dalton_Michaels@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hey all.
    >
    > I've seen different views on the V600 and I wanted to see everyone's
    > view on it.
    >
    > My insurance company is buying me a new cell phone and I get to choose
    > what ever I want. I like the V600 cause it's the top end Motorola. I
    > could however go for the V400 but I'd need to unlock it or I can go for
    > the V300.

    I don't have any of them, so cannot give you a review. Except---

    these are all similar phones, except the v600, as you say, is the top of the
    line, has more features, etc. I think the only reason someone would choose
    v300 over v600 is lower price. If your insurance company would buy you
    either in full, and not give you money back for buying the lesser cost
    phone, the answer seems simple-the v600!

    What kind of insurance is this though?? They will buy you whatever phone you
    want, even if it costs much more than the one that was stolen from you (or
    destroyed in fire, or whatever happened)? That sounds very unusual. Please
    explain.

    If they will buy any phone, from whatever manufacturer, you could quite
    likely buy a better phone than a v600. How about a smartphone? (But, from
    the 3 models you mention, I would certainly think the v600 would be the
    best.)

    Good info
    http://www.vxxxstuff.com

    " MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<1096177086.268031@news-1.nethere.net>...
    > "Gentleman Caller" <Dalton_Michaels@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hey all.
    > >
    > > I've seen different views on the V600 and I wanted to see everyone's
    > > view on it.
    > >
    > > My insurance company is buying me a new cell phone and I get to choose
    > > what ever I want. I like the V600 cause it's the top end Motorola. I
    > > could however go for the V400 but I'd need to unlock it or I can go for
    > > the V300.
    >
    > I don't have any of them, so cannot give you a review. Except---
    >
    > these are all similar phones, except the v600, as you say, is the top of the
    > line, has more features, etc. I think the only reason someone would choose
    > v300 over v600 is lower price. If your insurance company would buy you
    > either in full, and not give you money back for buying the lesser cost
    > phone, the answer seems simple-the v600!
    >
    > What kind of insurance is this though?? They will buy you whatever phone you
    > want, even if it costs much more than the one that was stolen from you (or
    > destroyed in fire, or whatever happened)? That sounds very unusual. Please
    > explain.
    >
    > If they will buy any phone, from whatever manufacturer, you could quite
    > likely buy a better phone than a v600. How about a smartphone? (But, from
    > the 3 models you mention, I would certainly think the v600 would be the
    > best.)

    Got one myself, I like it, but it is still a little glitchy. At times I have
    had to power cycle it multiple times to get it to charge, then several
    missed alarms go off at once. I moved (supposedly) from the v.60, on it you
    could read text messages on the outside screen and not have to open the
    phone, not so on the v.600. Intermittent trouble with Mobile Phone Tools not
    wanting to see the phone. on the flip side takes good pix -for a phone, you
    can compose your own unique ringtones - if you want to spend that kind of
    time on a ringtone. I am actually starting to appreciate the ability to play
    games on it, mainly while waiting in line for whatever.

    Just my random thoughts

    -Mikey

    In news:J_-dnVd-U_Era__cRVn-rA@comcast.com,
    The_Mikey <the_mikey@nospam.go.com> informed us:
    | Got one myself, I like it, but it is still a little glitchy. At times
    | I have had to power cycle it multiple times to get it to charge, then
    | several missed alarms go off at once. I moved (supposedly) from the
    | v.60, on it you could read text messages on the outside screen and
    | not have to open the phone, not so on the v.600. Intermittent trouble
    | with Mobile Phone Tools not wanting to see the phone. on the flip
    | side takes good pix -for a phone, you can compose your own unique
    | ringtones - if you want to spend that kind of time on a ringtone. I
    | am actually starting to appreciate the ability to play games on it,
    | mainly while waiting in line for whatever.

    Reading these reviews have been helppful, especially because I'm
    thinking of upgrading my trusty v60 by the end of the year. I want to go
    with something proven, and I hope that the RAZR will cause some prices
    on the more established models to drop a bit.

    I have a few friends who rave about their v400 and v600, and have been
    seriously considering the 600 (or maybe it'll be a 620 by the time I'm
    ready). But my cousin just got a v710. I played with it for a bit, seems
    cool, uses Bluetooth and has a nice camera. So, what's the big diff
    between the v600/620 and the 710?
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    In article <vgW8d.10057$gs1.9305@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    Tom Accuosti <taccuostiMY@VIRUSearthlink.net> wrote:
    >In news:J_-dnVd-U_Era__cRVn-rA@comcast.com,
    >The_Mikey <the_mikey@nospam.go.com> informed us:
    >| Got one myself, I like it, but it is still a little glitchy. At times
    >| I have had to power cycle it multiple times to get it to charge, then
    >| several missed alarms go off at once. I moved (supposedly) from the
    >| v.60, on it you could read text messages on the outside screen and
    >| not have to open the phone, not so on the v.600. Intermittent trouble
    >| with Mobile Phone Tools not wanting to see the phone. on the flip
    >| side takes good pix -for a phone, you can compose your own unique
    >| ringtones - if you want to spend that kind of time on a ringtone. I
    >| am actually starting to appreciate the ability to play games on it,
    >| mainly while waiting in line for whatever.
    >
    >Reading these reviews have been helppful, especially because I'm
    >thinking of upgrading my trusty v60 by the end of the year. I want to go
    >with something proven, and I hope that the RAZR will cause some prices
    >on the more established models to drop a bit.
    >
    >I have a few friends who rave about their v400 and v600, and have been
    >seriously considering the 600 (or maybe it'll be a 620 by the time I'm
    >ready). But my cousin just got a v710. I played with it for a bit, seems
    >cool, uses Bluetooth and has a nice camera. So, what's the big diff
    >between the v600/620 and the 710?

    The V710 is a CDMA phone.
    The V600 (and most of the other "triplets" models) are GSM.

Motorola Cell Phones