What new adventure pure point and click

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Are there any new adventures, point and click true adventures.
No time trial, no sudden death, no shoot em ups, back to the days of
Colossal cave, which I'm trying to find one which will run on XP.
Like Lair of the Witch for Spectrum.
In the fashion of Night Long, Grim Fandango, Discworld Noir.
Broken sword 1 and 2 (not 3), Syberia 1 and 2 (with a few less puzzles)
The great Gabriel Knight 1, Monkey Island (all of em)
Amber Journeys Beyond, Legacy of Time, Master Lu, Kings Quest (up to 7).

Are there any of these types of adventure still being produced?
Dick

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

There are plenty of traditional point-and-click adventure games
available:

Legacy Dark Shadows
Moment of Silence
Midnight Nowhere
Syberia 1&2
Broken Sword 3
Black Mirror
Runaway

And coming up soon:
Martin Mystere
and Still Life

and you didn't mention The Longest Journey -- it's one of the greatest
and longest(!) adventure games ever made.

you wrote:
"Syberia 1 and 2 (with a few less puzzles)"
I'm not sure what to make of that. Syberia wasn't noted
for its puzzles. Gabriel Knight and Monkey Island had
tougher puzzles than the Syberia games.

Some upcoming games you might like are Scratches, Still Life,
and Nibiru.

ceebee

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

"Dick Gill" <dick_g@ntlworld.com> wrote in
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure:

> Are there any new adventures, point and click true adventures.
> No time trial, no sudden death, no shoot em ups, back to the
> days of Colossal cave, which I'm trying to find one which will
> run on XP. Like Lair of the Witch for Spectrum.
> In the fashion of Night Long, Grim Fandango, Discworld Noir.
> Broken sword 1 and 2 (not 3), Syberia 1 and 2 (with a few less
> puzzles) The great Gabriel Knight 1, Monkey Island (all of em)
> Amber Journeys Beyond, Legacy of Time, Master Lu, Kings Quest
> (up to 7).
>
> Are there any of these types of adventure still being produced?
> Dick

Myst IV? Schizm II?

--
CeeBee

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

>Are there any of these types of adventure still being produced?

The commercial market is not so generous to practitioners of this
seemingly lost art; however as with text adventure games a thriving
underground community of amateur graphical adventure enthusiasts is
emerging, producing oodles of their own games -- some of which are
actually worth playing -- and practically all of which are fully
available for free. Dig http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/ for more
information.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

You can die in Black Mirror, dude.

As I found out when I grabbed the live cable - duh! And I KNEW you could
die.

People don't kill adventurers, STUPIDITY kills adventurers. And makes them
play large blocks of gametime over.

Cinbad

Here, C Schmidt <schmidt@crestviewcable.com> wrote:
> You can die in Black Mirror, dude.
>
> As I found out when I grabbed the live cable - duh! And I KNEW you could
> die.
>
> People don't kill adventurers, STUPIDITY kills adventurers.

Sometimes, it's the stupidity of the game designer.

> And makes them play large blocks of gametime over.

Yeah, that's generally the player. The manual does say "We recommend
that you save your game often!"

But, like I posted a while ago, would that scene really have been *less
fun* if the live cable merely knocked you on your ass?

--Z

*
I'm still thinking about what to put in this space.