13th Doll (7th Guest III)

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Found this on my travels.
www.t7g3.com

Looks like one to watch out for if it gets to release stage. We have been
teased before, with the likes of Sam and Max 2, Full Throttle 2 etc

Mary

"Jon" <jon.mullnospam@tesco.net> wrote in message
> Found this on my travels.
> www.t7g3.com
>
> Looks like one to watch out for if it gets to release stage. We have
been
> teased before, with the likes of Sam and Max 2, Full Throttle 2 etc

I loved 7th Guest. Hope this new version gets made and wish them good
luck on it.

Mary

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

good preview of the game and some screenshots here:

http://www.justadventure.com/Previews/7thGuest3/7G3.shtm

Mary wrote:
> "Jon" <jon.mullnospam@tesco.net> wrote in message
> > Found this on my travels.
> > www.t7g3.com
> >
> > Looks like one to watch out for if it gets to release stage. We
have
> been
> > teased before, with the likes of Sam and Max 2, Full Throttle 2 etc
>
> I loved 7th Guest. Hope this new version gets made and wish them good
> luck on it.
>
> Mary

Mary

<putxhere@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> good preview of the game and some screenshots here:
>
> http://www.justadventure.com/Previews/7thGuest3/7G3.shtm

Well, a preview on Just adventure. That could be a good sign. I hope the
new 7th Guest game goes forward and its good that the new team were
able to get the rights to make it. I hope the new game has similar type
music and varied puzzles as the original 7th Guest. One thing though - I
hope they don't have a maze puzzle like the one in the original 7th
Guest ("Feeling lonely") - it drove me
crazy. I will be looking forward to the 13th Doll. Thanks for the
information.

Mary

> Mary wrote:
> > "Jon" <jon.mullnospam@tesco.net> wrote in message
> > > Found this on my travels.
> > > www.t7g3.com
> > >
> > > Looks like one to watch out for if it gets to release stage. We
> have
> > been
> > > teased before, with the likes of Sam and Max 2, Full Throttle 2
etc

> > I loved 7th Guest. Hope this new version gets made and wish them
good
> > luck on it.
> >
> > Mary

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

I just hope there are fewer "beat the computer" puzzles. I have plenty
of games where I compete against the computer. When I play a puzzle
game, I want puzzles that can be solved, not games that I may have to
play a dozen times (even after figuring out all the rules) in order to
win.

Possibly a game for which the player is guaranteed to win using proper
strategy (such as a nim-style game, but NOT nim!) would be OK, but only
if the strategy is relatively easy to find (e.g.: chess may turn out to
be solvable, but even if it is, it wouldn't be a good game to mix in)

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

>I just hope there are fewer "beat the computer" puzzles. I have plenty
>of games where I compete against the computer. When I play a puzzle
>game, I want puzzles that can be solved, not games that I may have to
>play a dozen times (even after figuring out all the rules) in order to
>win.

Noo! The unbeatable games were my favorite part. I wrote computer programs
to play all of them, and Alt-Tabbed back and forth to see if my program
could beat their program - I always thought it would be neat to have a game
where you *had* to write computer programs as part of the play :).

The only time I had a problem was in the endgame for 11th hour when my
program won fair and square by getting 5 beans in a row, but the 11th hour
code didn't notice that I'd won (my final bean was placed between two
shorter segments so it wasn't the endpoint of a 5 bean row, but nevertheless
caused a 5 bean row to be created :).

I still have the programs on my web site at:

http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/trilobyte.zip
--
email: Tom.Horsley@worldnet.att.net icbm: Delray Beach, FL |
<URL:http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley> Free Software and Politics <<==+