Sign in with
Your question

Help! wmv to dvd issues

Last response: in Mac Os X
November 4, 2010 11:20:32 AM

I have some movies saved on my Mac in .wmv file. I need to covert the WMV file to a DVD file.

How can I convert it? Is there any software that I can convert this file for free? I need a easy to use

software as I don't want to waste a lot of time to learn how to use the software. Most importantly, the converted quality cannot be bad. Thank you.

More about : wmv dvd issues

November 4, 2010 3:04:58 PM

Mac's don't have much support for WMV which is a Windows proprietary format. Flip4Mac can be used to view WMV on a Mac for free but it doesn't support conversion unless you pay for it.

Free Flip4mac QuickTime player components

After installation a new Flip4Mac pane will appear in System Preferences. Make sure you set the boxes to ensure that it will play WMV files in Quicktime.

Likewise there's http://www.easywma.com/wmv/ - "EasyWMV can be used to convert or resize wmv, asf, avi, mp4, mpg, mpeg, mov, m4v, flv, nsv, swf, real media, and vob video files so that they can be used with QuickTime Player, Apple TV, iPod and iPhone." - payware

The only way I can think of attempting a free conversion would be to play a WMV back in VLC and capture it with VLC's streaming mode capture into a different format such as mp4. I have never tried that so I don't know if it will work.
November 5, 2010 12:29:51 AM

The software that may help you a lot on video conversions is Video to DVD Converter for Mac, which can easily convert wmv files to DVD on Mac without losing quality. And you said that you want a easy to use software, then I think you may need this step by step guide.
Related resources
November 6, 2010 6:42:46 AM

For Mac program to convert the WMV file, you can try iFunia Video converter, its a professional Mac multimedia software :) 
August 31, 2011 4:51:30 AM

Free Movies to iPhone 5 Converter

iPhone 5 Movie Converter Supported Devi cess:iPod, iPod touch, iPod nano, iPod classic, iPhone (iPhone 4, iphone 5), iPad (iPad 2), Apple TV.

April 9, 2013 5:17:51 AM

I would say this is the best solution i found ever, and this tool is easy to handle even without learning that. Anyway, i found a tutorial aims at solving the problem of burning wmv to dvd just in case.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOW-98GL6NU
!