China: the forbidden city problem

Last response: in Video Games
March 6, 2005 12:27:07 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Hi,
Has anybody had any success in runing China: the Forbidden City in XP?
I note that earlier posters on this forum had probs because their
computer was too fast for it (someone recommended Turbo to slow it
down) but I can't even get into the game. The sound is OK but the
video is screwed up. I've tried running the XP compatibility wizard
but that did nothing. Any suggestions please?
Regards,
Alan.
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 2:42:02 AM

Kangxi wrote:
> Hi,
> Has anybody had any success in runing China: the Forbidden City in XP?
> I note that earlier posters on this forum had probs because their
> computer was too fast for it (someone recommended Turbo to slow it
> down) but I can't even get into the game. The sound is OK but the
> video is screwed up.

Maybe you need to reduce the video acceleration then.
http://home.earthlink.net/~eddie1231/general_drill.htm#...

> I've tried running the XP compatibility wizard
> but that did nothing. Any suggestions please?
> Regards,
> Alan.
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 7:03:23 PM

Jenny100 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<ezMWd.3749$CW2.3550@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
> Kangxi wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Has anybody had any success in runing China: the Forbidden City in XP?
> > I note that earlier posters on this forum had probs because their
> > computer was too fast for it (someone recommended Turbo to slow it
> > down) but I can't even get into the game. The sound is OK but the
> > video is screwed up.
>
> Maybe you need to reduce the video acceleration then.
> http://home.earthlink.net/~eddie1231/general_drill.htm#...
>

> > I've tried running the XP compatibility wizard
> > but that did nothing. Any suggestions please?
> > Regards,
> > Alan.

Jenny100:
Thanks for that - great advice & a great page. It's now working - now
to slow the damn thing down before my eyeballs twist out of their
sockets.
Tks again & regards,
Alan (Kangxi)
!