New router

themcnabs

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
I currently have a Belkin F5D8236-4 R2. I would like to replace it with a router that has better range and performance. I currently have 4 devices plugged into it directly via Ethernet. My Internet connection also is attached with an Ethernet cable. My home is about 110 feet wide and the router is right in the middle of it. I am not getting a signal at the far ends, which are bedrooms. Is there a router that would perform better for my situation? Price is not a factor in this decision and I do not want to use more than one device (IE. repeaters or multiple routers). I simple would prefer to buy the best equipment possible.

RealBeast

Titan
While that Belkin is not the best N wireless router available, it's not bad and is similar in range to most routers. If you don't want to use distant access points connected by Ethernet cable or a pair of powerline adapters, you will likely not get good coverage on the distant points.

One thing that you could do to maximize your signal is insure that all of your distant wireless devices have very good N wireless adapters with large antennae and minimize interference sources, which for 2.4 GHz include other wireless networks, wireless phones on 2.4 GHz, baby monitors, wireless speakers and headphones, and microwave ovens.