Syberia I&II and Windows 2000

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Hi!
Has anyone played these games on the windows 2000 platform? Does it work?
I found a Syberia 1&2 bundle and planned to buy it but the listing of
OS:es didn't include win2000 that I'm runnin'.

/trysil

CK

Distinguished
May 25, 2004
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

> Hi!
> Has anyone played these games on the windows 2000 platform? Does it work?
> I found a Syberia 1&2 bundle and planned to buy it but the listing of
> OS:es didn't include win2000 that I'm runnin'.
>
> /trysil

Yes. Both work fine (as far as I can tell - I haven't played through all
of the second one yet) with the DVD bundle under Windows 2000. (Pro, at
least).

The System Requirements are listed as

Minimum:
Windows 98/Me/2000/XP
Pentium II 350 MHz processor
16MB Direct3D (DirectX 8.1) compatible 3D video card
64MB RAM
400 MB available space on hard drive
16X DVD-ROM drive
DirectX 7 compatible sound card

Recommended:
Pentium II 800 MHz processor
32MB Direct3D (DirectX 8.1) compatible 3D video card
128MB RAM
24X DVD-ROM drive

HTH.

CK

Trysil wrote:
> Hi!
> Has anyone played these games on the windows 2000 platform? Does it work?
> I found a Syberia 1&2 bundle and planned to buy it but the listing of
> OS:es didn't include win2000 that I'm runnin'.
>
> /trysil

I played both on Win 2000 without any problems.
But I don't have the bundle - just the games as originally
published.