Mobile Phone Tools Registration

I've bought a Motorola V600. Very strange that you still have to pay for the
PC software 'Mobile phone tools' where it should be included.
So, does anyone have the registration information?

Mobile Phone Software
2.16 Demo November 19 2003 (031119002767)

I need the next field info:

Name ??????????????
First Name ??????????????
Licence number ? ? ?
Registration Number ? ? ?
13 answers Last reply
More about mobile phone tools registration

    Hmmm, so you think that software should be free to you since you bought the
    phone??

    What's so strange about paying for software??

    Go elsewhere, pirate!

    In article <4155ff7b$0$88485$e4fe514c@dreader15.news.xs4all.nl>,
    "Arta" <arta at softhome dot net> wrote:

    > I've bought a Motorola V600. Very strange that you still have to pay
    > for the PC software 'Mobile phone tools' where it should be included.

    Not strange at all. It's not needed to operate the phone, just like a
    headset. Do you want a free headset as well?

    > Mobile Phone Software
    > 2.16 Demo November 19 2003 (031119002767)
    >

    > I need the next field info:

    Name Software Pirate
    First Name Ima
    Licence number Prisoner 4711
    Registration Number FK ME UP DA A$$

    --
    Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.

    Well, there is a difference here.

    If you buy a piece of computer hardware that requires software, or a digital
    audio player, etc., the software comes with it, not an extra charge.

    Same thing with most cell phones, the software for connecting to the
    computer comes with it.

    So it is unusual that Motorola is charging extra for the software in this
    case, for an expensive phone at that!

    "Bob the Printer" <bdolson@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Hmmm, so you think that software should be free to you since you bought
    the
    > phone??
    >
    > What's so strange about paying for software??
    >
    > Go elsewhere, pirate!
    >

    > "Arta" <arta at softhome dot net> wrote in message
    > > I've bought a Motorola V600. Very strange that you still have to pay for
    > > the
    > > PC software 'Mobile phone tools' where it should be included.
    > > So, does anyone have the registration information?
    > >
    > > Mobile Phone Software
    > > 2.16 Demo November 19 2003 (031119002767)
    > >

    > > I need the next field info:
    > >
    > > Name ??????????????
    > > First Name ??????????????
    > > Licence number ? ? ?
    > > Registration Number ? ? ?

    Wow, can you believe those Motorola guys. To think that they sell
    ACCESSORIES NOW.
    I guess you got a Free Car Kit as well. Cause you need the car kit to
    "CONNECT TO THE CAR" And why not a FREE BlueTooth Dongle? After all you need
    that to "CONNECT TO THE COMPUTER" also.

    Where people get this logic, I just dont know. By the way, did you bother to
    ask if the software was included at the time of purchase? Did you know
    already
    ?, but choose to buy it anyway?

    In article <1096177084.136997@news-1.nethere.net>,
    " MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote:

    > Well, there is a difference here.
    >
    > If you buy a piece of computer hardware that requires software, or a
    > digital audio player, etc., the software comes with it, not an extra
    > charge.
    >
    > Same thing with most cell phones, the software for connecting to the
    > computer comes with it.
    >
    > So it is unusual that Motorola is charging extra for the software in
    > this case, for an expensive phone at that!

    First of all, the cell phone does not require any software for the
    computer; the cell phone is not required to be connected to the computer.

    A digital audio player is required to be connected to a computer because
    that's the only way to get the digital recordings into the player.

    With the cell phone, connecting to the computer is not a requirement.

    Besides, I'd rather not pay an increased MSRP for the cell phone (which
    would be the case if the software were to be "included") because I don't
    need any additional software; my computer and OS have the software built
    in from the start. All I needed to buy was a USB cable for the cell
    phone--and I already had one that I bought for my V60i.

    Do you want the USB cable to be free too? Do you want a Bluetooth
    dongle for the computer to come free with the phone too?

    --
    Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.

    The only cellphones that I am aware of that come with software 'for
    connecting to the computer' are some of the nokias. I haven't seen ANY OTHER
    phones that come with software. I suppose that a USB cable should be
    supplied with the phone also?? Not very likely.. As many cellphone users
    never use a phone-computer connection it is an OPTION!

    Your comparison with a digital audio player is not valid, since there is no
    other way to get MP3 files, etc to such a player, so therefore it's not an
    option. Plus most of the current MP3 players do not really require
    additional software when used with a current OS, in order to transfer
    'data'.

    " MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Well, there is a difference here.
    >
    > If you buy a piece of computer hardware that requires software, or a
    > digital
    > audio player, etc., the software comes with it, not an extra charge.
    >
    > Same thing with most cell phones, the software for connecting to the
    > computer comes with it.
    >
    > So it is unusual that Motorola is charging extra for the software in this
    > case, for an expensive phone at that!
    >
    > "Bob the Printer" <bdolson@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> Hmmm, so you think that software should be free to you since you bought
    > the
    >> phone??
    >>
    >> What's so strange about paying for software??
    >>
    >> Go elsewhere, pirate!
    >>

    >> "Arta" <arta at softhome dot net> wrote in message
    >> > I've bought a Motorola V600. Very strange that you still have to pay
    >> > for
    >> > the
    >> > PC software 'Mobile phone tools' where it should be included.
    >> > So, does anyone have the registration information?
    >> >
    >> > Mobile Phone Software
    >> > 2.16 Demo November 19 2003 (031119002767)
    >> >

    >> > I need the next field info:
    >> >
    >> > Name ??????????????
    >> > First Name ??????????????
    >> > Licence number ? ? ?
    >> > Registration Number ? ? ?

    "Bob the Printer" <bdolson@comcast.net> wrote in

    > Hmmm, so you think that software should be free to you since you
    > bought the phone??
    >
    > What's so strange about paying for software??

    Nothing as such, but the thing is that Motorola used to include the
    software & data cable into the phone package with its earlier models
    (e.g. the Timeports came with 2 software CDs, data cable, hands free
    kit). None of that was free, the cost was included in the price of the
    phone as quoted.

    Recently they've started to exclude accessories from the phone package
    which used to be included with earlier models. Some of the accessories
    are vital for using certain functions of the phones, the data cable and
    software being the prime example. Instead they put an advertising leaflet
    urging you to buy these accessories extra. You're practically forced to
    buy them if you want to make full use of your phone.

    This is a hidden price rise, a clever marketing trick. The actual cost of
    the phone with all its features is the quoted price of the starter kit +
    software + data cable (+ hands free kit really). The practice isn't
    illegal, but of questionable ethics. Yes I know, other companies do the
    same. That's not an excuse.

    Regards

    --
    Aprosdoketon, das (gr.): unerwartet gebrauchtes Fremdwort.

    http://www.wschwanke.de/ usenet_20031215 (AT) wschwanke (DOT) de

    Arta wrote:
    > I've bought a Motorola V600. Very strange that you still have to pay
    > for the PC software 'Mobile phone tools' where it should be included.
    > So, does anyone have the registration information?

    Whilst I agree that it is very strange that you have to pay for the
    software - it's free for all Nokias, for instance - the fact is that you
    *DO* have to pay for it. I paid, and I have a registration number - perhaps
    you could also pay, and get one as well?

    Pete.

    > The only cellphones that I am aware of that come with software 'for
    > connecting to the computer' are some of the nokias. I haven't seen ANY
    > OTHER phones that come with software. I suppose that a USB cable
    > should be supplied with the phone also??

    My earlier Motorola T260 came with a serial cable, software and hands free
    kit.

    Regards

    --
    Gültig für alle Staaten und Westberlin

    http://www.wschwanke.de/ usenet_20031215 (AT) wschwanke (DOT) de
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Your analogies are absurd, and have absolutely nothing to do with what I
    wrote.

    When you buy a computer accessory, a piece of hardware, any software drivers
    that one might need to install in the computer comes with it. I have a
    couple portable digital audio players, and they all came with software to
    connect to the computer. There are accessories one can buy extra for these
    players, but that software is not an extra accessory, it is included.

    Since you list yourself as "PDA Man", I assume (although could be completely
    incorrect) that you own a PDA. Didn't it come with software to connect to
    the computer? You didn't have to pay extra for that software, did you? I
    have one, a Pocket PC. It came with the synchronization software, Microsoft
    ActiveSync, which one can also download for free. There was no extra charge
    for that.

    As this phone has some PDA features--phonebook, calendar, etc., computer
    connectivity, it only stands to reason that like a PDA, the necessary
    connection software would come with it. In fact, most such phones do include
    such software, not charge extra for it. One might especially expect that in
    one of the more expensive phones around, such as the V600, that the
    necessary connection software would be included. Of course, Motorola has the
    choice not to include it, and charge extra for it, but that is unusual for
    this kind of software, which usually comes included with this type of
    device.

    (Your listing of totally different kinds of accessories, and making childish
    comments by an imaginary person about why they charge for them, is silly and
    beside the point.)

    "PDA Man" <pdaman@pdaman.net> wrote in message
    > Wow, can you believe those Motorola guys. To think that they sell
    > ACCESSORIES NOW.
    > I guess you got a Free Car Kit as well. Cause you need the car kit to
    > "CONNECT TO THE CAR" And why not a FREE BlueTooth Dongle? After all you
    need
    > that to "CONNECT TO THE COMPUTER" also.
    >
    > Where people get this logic, I just dont know. By the way, did you bother
    > ask if the software was included at the time of purchase? Did you know
    > already
    > ?, but choose to buy it anyway?
    >

    > " MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > Well, there is a difference here.
    > >
    > > If you buy a piece of computer hardware that requires software, or a
    > digital
    > > audio player, etc., the software comes with it, not an extra charge.
    > >
    > > Same thing with most cell phones, the software for connecting to the
    > > computer comes with it.
    > >
    > > So it is unusual that Motorola is charging extra for the software in
    this
    > > case, for an expensive phone at that!
    > >
    > > "Bob the Printer" <bdolson@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > > Hmmm, so you think that software should be free to you since you
    bought
    > > the
    > > > phone??
    > > >
    > > > What's so strange about paying for software??
    > > >
    > > > Go elsewhere, pirate!
    > > >

    > > > "Arta" <arta at softhome dot net> wrote in message
    > for

  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Bob the Printer a couché sur son écran :
    > The only cellphones that I am aware of that come with software 'for
    > connecting to the computer' are some of the nokias. I haven't seen ANY OTHER
    > phones that come with software.

    WRONG!!!! Siemens phones also come with FREE software. Motorola should
    also include MPT since they insisted to support it themselves instead
    of BVRP (BVRP source confirmed by Motorola). By the way MPT for
    Motorola is a customized version that BVRP doesn't sell.

    > I suppose that a USB cable should be supplied
    > with the phone also?? Not very likely.. As many cellphone users never use a
    > phone-computer connection it is an OPTION!

    Yes it should since it's the only way to download new firmware versions
    to the phone.

    --
    Olivier
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Hello everyone,

    More or less most people agree that motorola should include the software.
    A lot of response but no registration information yet.

    Anyone???? Please send it to: arta [at] softhome [dot] net

    > Mobile Phone Software
    > 2.16 Demo November 19 2003 (031119002767)
    >

    > I need the next field info:
    >
    > Name ??????????????
    > First Name ??????????????
    > Licence number ? ? ?
    > Registration Number ? ? ?

  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    What are you saying?

    You have a demo version, and you are asking for someone who paid for it to
    send you their registration info, so you can get it for free? Fat chance.

    I wrote that it is unusual that Motorola charges for it, that usually such
    software comes with such devices. However, it is their choice whether they
    charge extra for it or not. There is no "should" in this case.

    Someone who paid the money for it themselves, is not likely to send you
    their registration info, so that you can use it for free with their name and
    reg key, breaking the law. (And how would they know you are not software
    police, and they would get arrested for sending you that info?)

    Whether or not you think that Motorola "should" provide the software with
    the phone, the fact is that they don't. If you want it you'll have to pay
    for it, that simple.

    I don't know--but it's possible that if you search with price comparison
    places, you could find the software at a lower price than buying it from
    Motorola.

    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > More or less most people agree that motorola should include the software.
    > A lot of response but no registration information yet.
    >
    > Anyone???? Please send it to: arta [at] softhome [dot] net
    >

    > > Mobile Phone Software
    > > 2.16 Demo November 19 2003 (031119002767)
    > >

    > > I need the next field info:

    > > First Name ??????????????
    > > Licence number ? ? ?
    > > Registration Number ? ? ?