Other Worlds endgame help, please!

Last response: in Video Games
March 18, 2005 8:52:15 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Near the end of the game, trapped in the glass prison, one is
apparently supposed to cast a spell on a piece of paper -
question is, what paper is this? I've tried both spell papers and even
the matchbook cover in my inventory to no avail. Was there some other
paper to be picked up elsewhere?

TIA!

More about : worlds endgame

Anonymous
March 19, 2005 8:14:02 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

In article <s51n31hj1mda29uh5h20qggponb01e4nau@4ax.com>, carp@fish.net says...

>Near the end of the game, trapped in the glass prison, one is
>apparently supposed to cast a spell on a piece of paper -
>question is, what paper is this? I've tried both spell papers and even
>the matchbook cover in my inventory to no avail. Was there some other
>paper to be picked up elsewhere?

According to the walkthough, you first talk to Dlouie, then use a spell on a
paper. I don't recall which paper. Maybe talking to Dlouie promts her to give
you a paper. After that you use another spell on an item which gives something
that will cut the glass.

Civil War Round Table of DC & Concentration Camp made of Lego bricks
http://members.tripod.com/~kennrice
Maps of Ultima 7 Parts 1 & 2, Prophecy of the Shadow, Savage Empire,
Crusaders of Dark Savant & Others.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 12:46:18 PM

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 05:14:02 GMT, no@email.ads (Ken Rice) wrote:

>In article <s51n31hj1mda29uh5h20qggponb01e4nau@4ax.com>, carp@fish.net says...
>
>>Near the end of the game, trapped in the glass prison, one is
>>apparently supposed to cast a spell on a piece of paper -
>>question is, what paper is this? I've tried both spell papers and even
>>the matchbook cover in my inventory to no avail. Was there some other
>>paper to be picked up elsewhere?
>
>According to the walkthough, you first talk to Dlouie, then use a spell on a
>paper. I don't recall which paper. Maybe talking to Dlouie promts her to give
>you a paper. After that you use another spell on an item which gives something
>that will cut the glass.

Yep I'd read the walkthrough, but after talking with Dloulie (3 speech
choices, then only her usual 2) I have nothing more in my inventory
than before: rope, carkey, 2 marbles, 2 spell scolls, empty matchbook,
wooden stick and hammer - all useless against that almighty glass
prison.

Hmmmmm....

Any other specific suggestions out there?
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 11:08:22 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

In article <0r1u31haudqkdaplv5c6cat436jvsbs5je@4ax.com>, carp@fish.net says...

>On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 05:14:02 GMT, no@email.ads (Ken Rice) wrote:

>>In article <s51n31hj1mda29uh5h20qggponb01e4nau@4ax.com>, carp@fish.net
says...

>>>Near the end of the game, trapped in the glass prison, one is
>>>apparently supposed to cast a spell on a piece of paper -
>>>question is, what paper is this? I've tried both spell papers and even
>>>the matchbook cover in my inventory to no avail. Was there some other
>>>paper to be picked up elsewhere?

>>According to the walkthough, you first talk to Dlouie, then use a spell on a
>>paper. I don't recall which paper. Maybe talking to Dlouie promts her to give
>>you a paper. After that you use another spell on an item which gives
>>something that will cut the glass.

>Yep I'd read the walkthrough, but after talking with Dloulie (3 speech
>choices, then only her usual 2) I have nothing more in my inventory
>than before: rope, carkey, 2 marbles, 2 spell scolls, empty matchbook,
>wooden stick and hammer - all useless against that almighty glass
>prison.

>Hmmmmm....

>Any other specific suggestions out there?

Use the spell SIRAINUOVRAK on the paper matchbook cover to get coal, then the
spell ILOHS to get the diamond. Diamond cuts glass