Other Worlds endgame help, please!

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Near the end of the game, trapped in the glass prison, one is
apparently supposed to cast a spell on a piece of paper -
question is, what paper is this? I've tried both spell papers and even
the matchbook cover in my inventory to no avail. Was there some other
paper to be picked up elsewhere?

TIA!
3 answers Last reply
More about other worlds endgame help please
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    In article <s51n31hj1mda29uh5h20qggponb01e4nau@4ax.com>, carp@fish.net says...

    >Near the end of the game, trapped in the glass prison, one is
    >apparently supposed to cast a spell on a piece of paper -
    >question is, what paper is this? I've tried both spell papers and even
    >the matchbook cover in my inventory to no avail. Was there some other
    >paper to be picked up elsewhere?

    According to the walkthough, you first talk to Dlouie, then use a spell on a
    paper. I don't recall which paper. Maybe talking to Dlouie promts her to give
    you a paper. After that you use another spell on an item which gives something
    that will cut the glass.

    Civil War Round Table of DC & Concentration Camp made of Lego bricks
    http://members.tripod.com/~kennrice
    Maps of Ultima 7 Parts 1 & 2, Prophecy of the Shadow, Savage Empire,
    Crusaders of Dark Savant & Others.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 05:14:02 GMT, no@email.ads (Ken Rice) wrote:

    >In article <s51n31hj1mda29uh5h20qggponb01e4nau@4ax.com>, carp@fish.net says...
    >
    >>Near the end of the game, trapped in the glass prison, one is
    >>apparently supposed to cast a spell on a piece of paper -
    >>question is, what paper is this? I've tried both spell papers and even
    >>the matchbook cover in my inventory to no avail. Was there some other
    >>paper to be picked up elsewhere?
    >
    >According to the walkthough, you first talk to Dlouie, then use a spell on a
    >paper. I don't recall which paper. Maybe talking to Dlouie promts her to give
    >you a paper. After that you use another spell on an item which gives something
    >that will cut the glass.

    Yep I'd read the walkthrough, but after talking with Dloulie (3 speech
    choices, then only her usual 2) I have nothing more in my inventory
    than before: rope, carkey, 2 marbles, 2 spell scolls, empty matchbook,
    wooden stick and hammer - all useless against that almighty glass
    prison.

    Hmmmmm....

    Any other specific suggestions out there?
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    In article <0r1u31haudqkdaplv5c6cat436jvsbs5je@4ax.com>, carp@fish.net says...

    >On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 05:14:02 GMT, no@email.ads (Ken Rice) wrote:

    >>In article <s51n31hj1mda29uh5h20qggponb01e4nau@4ax.com>, carp@fish.net
    says...

    >>>Near the end of the game, trapped in the glass prison, one is
    >>>apparently supposed to cast a spell on a piece of paper -
    >>>question is, what paper is this? I've tried both spell papers and even
    >>>the matchbook cover in my inventory to no avail. Was there some other
    >>>paper to be picked up elsewhere?

    >>According to the walkthough, you first talk to Dlouie, then use a spell on a
    >>paper. I don't recall which paper. Maybe talking to Dlouie promts her to give
    >>you a paper. After that you use another spell on an item which gives
    >>something that will cut the glass.

    >Yep I'd read the walkthrough, but after talking with Dloulie (3 speech
    >choices, then only her usual 2) I have nothing more in my inventory
    >than before: rope, carkey, 2 marbles, 2 spell scolls, empty matchbook,
    >wooden stick and hammer - all useless against that almighty glass
    >prison.

    >Hmmmmm....

    >Any other specific suggestions out there?

    Use the spell SIRAINUOVRAK on the paper matchbook cover to get coal, then the
    spell ILOHS to get the diamond. Diamond cuts glass

    Civil War Round Table of DC & Concentration Camp made of Lego bricks
    http://members.tripod.com/~kennrice
    Maps of Ultima 7 Parts 1 & 2, Prophecy of the Shadow, Savage Empire,
    Crusaders of Dark Savant & Others.

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games