Shadow of the Comet

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Does anyone remember this game? I believe it came out in either 92 or 93
and we played it probably in 95 or so.

I recently pulled out my old Dell Pentium P100, blew off the dust and booted
it - actually hoping it would still boot - so I could go back and play some
old games I'm unable to play under ME or XP. Fortunately, after sitting in
a closet for quite a while, it booted up perfectly. I quickly loaded 2
games - Star Trek Judgment Rites on CD and Shadow of the Comet on CD. It's
been quite a few years since I played either of these games and I couldn't
wait to start playing again. Last Sunday, I started SOC and have almost
made it thru Day 1.

Eventho it is 12 or so years old, the graphics are very good and add much to
the atmosphere - as does the music. The store line is fantastic and the
puzzles are not only intertwined with the story but are challanging and
enjoyable. I'm having a lot of fun with this game again. The only problem
I've seen ist he interface. I use my mouse and sometimes it can be "clunky"
to control Parker.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone remembers this game ans what they thought.

Thanks.

Opus

--
Opus007
"Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler"

"opus007" <opus00777@adelphia.net> wrote:
>Does anyone remember this game? I believe it came out in either 92 or 93
>and we played it probably in 95 or so.
>
>I recently pulled out my old Dell Pentium P100, blew off the dust and booted
>it - actually hoping it would still boot - so I could go back and play some
>old games I'm unable to play under ME or XP. Fortunately, after sitting in
>a closet for quite a while, it booted up perfectly. I quickly loaded 2
>games - Star Trek Judgment Rites on CD and Shadow of the Comet on CD. It's
>been quite a few years since I played either of these games and I couldn't
>wait to start playing again. Last Sunday, I started SOC and have almost
>made it thru Day 1.
>
>Eventho it is 12 or so years old, the graphics are very good and add much to
>the atmosphere - as does the music. The store line is fantastic and the
>puzzles are not only intertwined with the story but are challanging and
>enjoyable. I'm having a lot of fun with this game again. The only problem
>I've seen ist he interface. I use my mouse and sometimes it can be "clunky"
>to control Parker.
>
>Anyway, just wondering if anyone remembers this game ans what they thought.
>
>Thanks.

I've heard it's hard to get running at all.

> I've heard it's hard to get running at all.

Hi !!

I remember it well - and really enjoyed the first half - but for me, the
second half was too "way out" altogether and had me laughing in all the
wrong places ;-)

I do agree the graphics were excellent for the day, though.

Cheers.

Mad :)