Shadow of the Comet

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Does anyone remember this game? I believe it came out in either 92 or 93
and we played it probably in 95 or so.

I recently pulled out my old Dell Pentium P100, blew off the dust and booted
it - actually hoping it would still boot - so I could go back and play some
old games I'm unable to play under ME or XP. Fortunately, after sitting in
a closet for quite a while, it booted up perfectly. I quickly loaded 2
games - Star Trek Judgment Rites on CD and Shadow of the Comet on CD. It's
been quite a few years since I played either of these games and I couldn't
wait to start playing again. Last Sunday, I started SOC and have almost
made it thru Day 1.

Eventho it is 12 or so years old, the graphics are very good and add much to
the atmosphere - as does the music. The store line is fantastic and the
puzzles are not only intertwined with the story but are challanging and
enjoyable. I'm having a lot of fun with this game again. The only problem
I've seen ist he interface. I use my mouse and sometimes it can be "clunky"
to control Parker.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone remembers this game ans what they thought.

Thanks.

Opus

--
Opus007
"Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler"

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

There's a fan page about this game, see:
http://www.game-nostalgia.com/shadow/intro1.html

And "Skiovatis" has a demo of his remake:
http://www.freewebs.com/skiovatis/games.htm

It is indeed a game with a great atmosphere.