hard drive crash?

Napoleon

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
Bad manufacturing, power spikes, ESD, coincidence, constant use, constant abuse, something that only God and the manufacturer knows? Why settle for graphs about HD's when there's a perfectly good <A HREF="http://www.datadocktorn.nu/us_frag1.php" target="_new">graphical example</A> of something that will definitely make a HD crash?

<font color=red><b><i>You want WHAT on the [-peep-] CEILING?!</i></b></font color=red> -Michelangelo

Pinocchio

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2002
okay, I got a HD which was working just fine yesterday; however, it stops to function all the sudden. All we did was move the computer from the desk to the ground. That's all.

The computer won't boot up when I tried to turn it on now. What's wrong?
I already went to the BIOS and check the HD status. Guess what? Under primary IDE BIOS, it shows NOT INSTALLED. I also check all the cables inside the machine and nothing seems to be wrong.

p.s. I got a DELL OptiPlex GX110

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Check cables, cause they can be moved around. Also, did it fall or ur case tip over, or u flip ur case? cause a HDD is made to survive x amount of G's, but a case tipping over and falling exceeds that......

What if you had admin rights to life?