Sign in with
Your question
Solved

'no drivers found'

Last response: in Windows 7
May 8, 2012 10:56:07 AM

hello,
just got my new build, which i got the shop i bought it from to put together. when i try and load windows 7 on it, i get to the screen where it says 'where do you want windows installed' and on the list nothing there. so it says click 'load drivers' so i did but cant find any drivers there... i went on the seagate site for my harddrive but they said they 'Seagate does not supply drivers for SATA drives because hard drives themselves do not require specific device drivers'. does this mean that it could be a faulty harddrive? because i took one of my brothers hardrives with windows 7 loaded on it already and plugged it in and it worked fine...

More about : drivers found

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
May 8, 2012 11:31:32 AM

You need to load the SATA controler driver that came with your Motherboard.
m
l
May 8, 2012 12:20:59 PM

anonymous1 said:
You need to load the SATA controler driver that came with your Motherboard.

So I got the gigabyte z77 d3h and the only disk that comes with it was a 'intel 7 series utility DVD' which says it includes 'chipsets/serial-ATA/raid and then other things. Does that include the driver I need to install and if so how do I install it?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
May 8, 2012 12:21:25 PM

you should not need to load drivers before loading os. If you dont see a hard drive in the box, check youre cables. what kind of drive is it. if it is an ssd did you set your bios to achi? is the drive over 2 tb if so what mobo do you have
May 8, 2012 12:25:41 PM

the great randini said:
you should not need to load drivers before loading os. If you dont see a hard drive in the box, check youre cables. what kind of drive is it. if it is an ssd did you set your bios to achi? is the drive over 2 tb if so what mobo do you have

I checked the cables and its connected to the sata sockets in the motherboard (this is my first build so idk what looks right or not), my mother board is the gigabyte z77 d3h and my drive is a Seagate barracuda 1tb 7200. In the bios I have that set the IDE is that right?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 8, 2012 12:28:53 PM

it may be the sata controller on the mother board or a bad drive can you connect another hard drive to it to the mobo. then we can start to rule out the mobo.
m
l
May 8, 2012 12:38:48 PM

the great randini said:
it may be the sata controller on the mother board or a bad drive can you connect another hard drive to it to the mobo. then we can start to rule out the mobo.

I have the thermal take dokker case so I put a hard drive that had windows 7 on it already in the docking station and set bios to boot from there and it worked fine. So it has to be the hard drive right?
m
l
May 8, 2012 12:40:48 PM

the great randini said:

I have the thermal take dokker case so I put a hard drive that had windows 7 on it already in the docking station and set bios to boot from there and it worked fine. So it has to be the hard drive right?
m
l
May 8, 2012 12:41:12 PM

the great randini said:

m
l
May 8, 2012 12:56:27 PM

Oops, stupid internet kept timing out...
m
l
May 8, 2012 2:00:12 PM

That DVD should have the driver you need - the SATA-driver.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
May 8, 2012 6:46:07 PM

DVD
m
l
May 9, 2012 4:09:08 AM

The DVD didn't work... when I tried to load the driver from it, an error thing came up saying no signed device drivers were found... ideas?
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
May 9, 2012 11:23:36 AM

take the device driver that is unsigned.
m
l
May 10, 2012 10:09:51 AM

It was a faulty hard drive...
m
l
May 10, 2012 10:10:16 AM

Best answer selected by lpiotoole.
m
l
!