SoEAnthem

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
Hello, I need to learn how to change my IP address fairly easily, and constantly. I do Competitive Gaming / Online Tournaments and such, and I have been IP flooded numerous times. I'm not sure if that's the real term or not, but that's what I'm going with. Anyway, I need to be able to change my IP easily, and I have no idea how to do it. I've tried a couple times, but it's never worked. I'm just looking for an easier way, like maybe a new router, or an easier process, but for right now, it's a pain because I don't even know if I'm following the steps correctly. So I'm hoping someone can be nice and tell me <3 Thanks! :)

john-b691

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
It won't be easy if it can be done at all. This is all dependent on how you ISP has things setup.

The most common way to get it to change is to power cycle the router. Systems that use PPPoE with a userid and password are the most likely to change. Things that use the serial number of the hardware to authenticate tend to always get the same IP back.

There is really no software solution, the ISP is in full control of the IP assignments