REQ: I have a Motorola V220.... What does it mean to "unlo..

Tags:
  • Motorola
  • Phones
Last response: in Brands
Share
September 29, 2004 4:45:03 AM

What does unlocking a phone mean? What benefits are there to
"unlocking" my phone?

Thx

More about : req motorola v220 unlo

October 1, 2004 1:37:15 PM

"Michelle" <mhenry2025@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What does unlocking a phone mean? What benefits are there to
> "unlocking" my phone?
>
> Thx
Unlocking means you will not be locked to your current provider, meaning you
will be able to use that cell on, let's say a competators network, or even
over-seas since it is a quadband cell. If you plan to just use it with the
provider you bought it from, there is little point getting it unlocked.
Which provider do you use? I would think the V220 didn't come locked in the
first place.
October 3, 2004 10:30:17 PM

Thanks for the response.
I use cingular right now. I've used them for the last 4 years or so.

I find it strange that the V220 has a USB type connector, but no
software to support it. I have a USB cable from my iRiver MP3 player
that connects, but I can't seem to find Windows XP drivers or other
software :-(

Any thoughts?

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:37:15 -0400, "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com>
wrote:

>"Michelle" <mhenry2025@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> What does unlocking a phone mean? What benefits are there to
>> "unlocking" my phone?
>>
>> Thx
>Unlocking means you will not be locked to your current provider, meaning you
>will be able to use that cell on, let's say a competators network, or even
>over-seas since it is a quadband cell. If you plan to just use it with the
>provider you bought it from, there is little point getting it unlocked.
>Which provider do you use? I would think the V220 didn't come locked in the
>first place.

Related resources
October 3, 2004 10:30:18 PM

http://viciousglitch.tripod.com/motorola.htm
That site may help you out a bit.
www.howardforums.com as well as www.vxxxstuff.com
> Thanks for the response.
> I use cingular right now. I've used them for the last 4 years or so.
>
> I find it strange that the V220 has a USB type connector, but no
> software to support it. I have a USB cable from my iRiver MP3 player
> that connects, but I can't seem to find Windows XP drivers or other
> software :-(
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:37:15 -0400, "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com>
> wrote:
>

> >"Michelle" <mhenry2025@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> What does unlocking a phone mean? What benefits are there to
> >> "unlocking" my phone?
> >>
> >> Thx
> >Unlocking means you will not be locked to your current provider, meaning
you
> >will be able to use that cell on, let's say a competators network, or
even
> >over-seas since it is a quadband cell. If you plan to just use it with
the
> >provider you bought it from, there is little point getting it unlocked.
> >Which provider do you use? I would think the V220 didn't come locked in
the
> >first place.

October 3, 2004 10:30:19 PM

600.org as well!
"Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
> http://viciousglitch.tripod.com/motorola.htm
> That site may help you out a bit.
> www.howardforums.com as well as www.vxxxstuff.com
> "Michelle" <mhenry2025@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the response.
> > I use cingular right now. I've used them for the last 4 years or so.
> >
> > I find it strange that the V220 has a USB type connector, but no
> > software to support it. I have a USB cable from my iRiver MP3 player
> > that connects, but I can't seem to find Windows XP drivers or other
> > software :-(
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:37:15 -0400, "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> > >"Michelle" <mhenry2025@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > >Unlocking means you will not be locked to your current provider,
meaning
> you
> > >will be able to use that cell on, let's say a competators network, or
> even
> > >over-seas since it is a quadband cell. If you plan to just use it with
> the
> > >provider you bought it from, there is little point getting it unlocked.
> > >Which provider do you use? I would think the V220 didn't come locked
in
> the
> > >first place.

October 4, 2004 3:10:18 PM

600.org says the domain is for sale... Doesn't seem to be much there
unless I'm missing it :-)

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 15:53:26 -0400, "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com>
wrote:

>600.org
October 5, 2004 4:23:31 AM

mt bad, www.v600.org
> 600.org says the domain is for sale... Doesn't seem to be much there
> unless I'm missing it :-)
>

> On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 15:53:26 -0400, "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com>
> wrote:
>
> >600.org