REQ: I have a Motorola V220.... What does it mean to "unlo..

What does unlocking a phone mean? What benefits are there to
"unlocking" my phone?

Thx
More about motorola v220 unlo

    "Michelle" <mhenry2025@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > What does unlocking a phone mean? What benefits are there to
    > "unlocking" my phone?
    >
    > Thx
    Unlocking means you will not be locked to your current provider, meaning you
    will be able to use that cell on, let's say a competators network, or even
    over-seas since it is a quadband cell. If you plan to just use it with the
    provider you bought it from, there is little point getting it unlocked.
    Which provider do you use? I would think the V220 didn't come locked in the
    first place.

    Thanks for the response.
    I use cingular right now. I've used them for the last 4 years or so.

    I find it strange that the V220 has a USB type connector, but no
    software to support it. I have a USB cable from my iRiver MP3 player
    that connects, but I can't seem to find Windows XP drivers or other
    software :-(

    Any thoughts?

    On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:37:15 -0400, "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com>
    wrote:

    >"Michelle" <mhenry2025@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> What does unlocking a phone mean? What benefits are there to
    >> "unlocking" my phone?
    >>
    >> Thx
    >Unlocking means you will not be locked to your current provider, meaning you
    >will be able to use that cell on, let's say a competators network, or even
    >over-seas since it is a quadband cell. If you plan to just use it with the
    >provider you bought it from, there is little point getting it unlocked.
    >Which provider do you use? I would think the V220 didn't come locked in the
    >first place.

    http://viciousglitch.tripod.com/motorola.htm
    That site may help you out a bit.
    www.howardforums.com as well as www.vxxxstuff.com
    > Thanks for the response.
    > I use cingular right now. I've used them for the last 4 years or so.
    >
    > I find it strange that the V220 has a USB type connector, but no
    > software to support it. I have a USB cable from my iRiver MP3 player
    > that connects, but I can't seem to find Windows XP drivers or other
    > software :-(
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:37:15 -0400, "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"Michelle" <mhenry2025@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >> What does unlocking a phone mean? What benefits are there to
    > >> "unlocking" my phone?
    > >>
    > >> Thx
    > >Unlocking means you will not be locked to your current provider, meaning
    you
    > >will be able to use that cell on, let's say a competators network, or
    even
    > >over-seas since it is a quadband cell. If you plan to just use it with
    the
    > >provider you bought it from, there is little point getting it unlocked.
    > >Which provider do you use? I would think the V220 didn't come locked in
    the
    > >first place.

    600.org as well!
    "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > http://viciousglitch.tripod.com/motorola.htm
    > That site may help you out a bit.
    > www.howardforums.com as well as www.vxxxstuff.com
    > "Michelle" <mhenry2025@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks for the response.
    > > I use cingular right now. I've used them for the last 4 years or so.
    > >
    > > I find it strange that the V220 has a USB type connector, but no
    > > software to support it. I have a USB cable from my iRiver MP3 player
    > > that connects, but I can't seem to find Windows XP drivers or other
    > > software :-(
    > >
    > > Any thoughts?
    > >
    > > On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:37:15 -0400, "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com>
    > > wrote:
    > >

    > > >"Michelle" <mhenry2025@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > > >Unlocking means you will not be locked to your current provider,
    meaning
    > you
    > > >will be able to use that cell on, let's say a competators network, or
    > even
    > > >over-seas since it is a quadband cell. If you plan to just use it with
    > the
    > > >provider you bought it from, there is little point getting it unlocked.
    > > >Which provider do you use? I would think the V220 didn't come locked
    in
    > the
    > > >first place.

    600.org says the domain is for sale... Doesn't seem to be much there
    unless I'm missing it :-)

    mt bad, www.v600.org
    > 600.org says the domain is for sale... Doesn't seem to be much there
    > unless I'm missing it :-)
    >

    > On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 15:53:26 -0400, "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >600.org

    the new drivers for english are here
    http://www.chartchoice.co.uk/free_software_mobile_phone_sms.htm

    Michelle <mhenry2025@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<33h0m0ldqu7vfpf6iuu5teefgq3ougo14e@4ax.com>...
    > Thanks for the response.
    > I use cingular right now. I've used them for the last 4 years or so.
    >
    > I find it strange that the V220 has a USB type connector, but no
    > software to support it. I have a USB cable from my iRiver MP3 player
    > that connects, but I can't seem to find Windows XP drivers or other
    > software :-(
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:37:15 -0400, "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"Michelle" <mhenry2025@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >> What does unlocking a phone mean? What benefits are there to
    > >> "unlocking" my phone?
    > >>
    > >> Thx
    > >Unlocking means you will not be locked to your current provider, meaning you
    > >will be able to use that cell on, let's say a competators network, or even
    > >over-seas since it is a quadband cell. If you plan to just use it with the
    > >provider you bought it from, there is little point getting it unlocked.
    > >Which provider do you use? I would think the V220 didn't come locked in the
    > >first place.

Motorola Phones