Looking for Obsidian game manual

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

I recently bought the game Obsidian on eBay but unfortunately it didn't come
with a manual, just the discs. I had hoped there might be a copy on the
discs but alas there wasn't.
I've done a search of the internet looking for one but without any luck, so
I'm hoping that someone out there might be able to assist me in finding a
copy of the manual / users guide.
Are there any stores that sell old game manuals?
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Aussie Mike

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Can't help with finding a manual but here are the important comments
from the manual.

The game runs best at 640x480x16 and should ask you about changing if
you are not at that resolution.

Arrows indicate where you can turn or look. These appear when the cursor
is moved to any edge of the screen, side or top/bottom.

Usually you can carry one item at a time but there are exceptions.

ESC key get you to the main menu unless you are in some puzzles. In that
case you will need to move away from the puzzle first to escape to
Save/Load/Quit. Some puzzles reset with the ESC key.

The Space Bar can be used to skip transitional movies that are not
crucial to the game.

The manual also contains answers to the most difficult puzzles but you
can just search the Internet for a walkthrough.

Mike.D wrote:
> I recently bought the game Obsidian on eBay but unfortunately it didn't come
> with a manual, just the discs. I had hoped there might be a copy on the
> discs but alas there wasn't.
> I've done a search of the internet looking for one but without any luck, so
> I'm hoping that someone out there might be able to assist me in finding a
> copy of the manual / users guide.
> Are there any stores that sell old game manuals?
> Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> Aussie Mike

Lynne

Distinguished
May 7, 2004
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Here are two sites - I looked "Googled" using the complete title of the
manual (which I have): "The Official Obsidian Strategies and Secrets" as my
search string. The first one is UK Amazon, the 2nd, U.S. Good luck! Lynne

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0782120733/026-2472555-9194051

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0782120733/onthewebcom-20/103-2376182-3360655

"Mike.D" <mike_delongiREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I recently bought the game Obsidian on eBay but unfortunately it didn't
>come
> with a manual, just the discs. I had hoped there might be a copy on the
> discs but alas there wasn't.
> I've done a search of the internet looking for one but without any luck,
> so
> I'm hoping that someone out there might be able to assist me in finding a
> copy of the manual / users guide.
> Are there any stores that sell old game manuals?
> Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> Aussie Mike

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Thanks for all your help, I now have the information I needed to play the
game.
Thanks again
Mike