New adventure from former LucasArts developers

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

I just read about the new PC adventure game, Bone, based on a comic
book series of the same name. I've never heard of the comic before,
but the fact that the developers involved were on the teams that
produced Grim Fandango, Sam & Max, and Escape From Monkey Island raised
an eyebrow.

Details are very few, but here's the official announcement:
http://www.telltalegames.com/products?pc=bn0102

I began my gaming life as a pure classic adventure player, but over the
past 2 years branched out into RPGs, RTSs, and action adventures just
because not many of the new true adventure games seemed too compelling
to me. (I think the last 3 I played were Runaway, Broken Sword 3, and
Syberia 2- all okay, but none earth-shattering like Monkey Island, GF,
or GK.)

Here's hoping that Telltale games can re-create some of that ol'
LucasArts magic!

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Josh Mayfield wrote in

> I just read about the new PC adventure game, Bone, based on a
> comic book series of the same name. I've never heard of the comic
> before, but the fact that the developers involved were on the
> teams that produced Grim Fandango, Sam & Max, and Escape From
> Monkey Island raised an eyebrow.

I've read some of the comic, and think it's really good. It's also a
good sign that Jeff Smith, the comic's creator, in involved in the
creation of the game. But I am not that exited about this quote:

"The pacing of the story also lent itself beautifully to the online
episodic structure we're planning to implement."

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30327

Let's hope it'll turn out well.

Rikard

"Trumgottist" <no.spam@thanks.invalid> wrote in message
> Josh Mayfield wrote in
>
> > I just read about the new PC adventure game, Bone ..........

Hi :)

Thanks for that link.

Was trying to fathom whether this will be adventure or action/adventure.

Couldn't really tell ....

Cheers.

Mad :)

Madeleine Williams wrote:
> "Trumgottist" <no.spam@thanks.invalid> wrote in message
>
>>Josh Mayfield wrote in
>>

>>>I just read about the new PC adventure game, Bone ..........
>

> Hi :)
>
> Thanks for that link.
>
> Was trying to fathom whether this will be adventure or action/adventure.
>
> Couldn't really tell ....
>
> Cheers.
>
> Mad :)

Should be an adventure.
http://www.telltalegames.com/company

"Jenny100" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Madeleine Williams wrote:
> > "Trumgottist" <no.spam@thanks.invalid> wrote in message
> >
> >>Josh Mayfield wrote in

> > Hi :)
> >
> > Thanks for that link.
> >
> > Was trying to fathom whether this will be adventure or action/adventure.
> >
> > Couldn't really tell ....
> >
> > Cheers.
> >
> > Mad :)
> >

> Should be an adventure.