Sign in with
Your question

The Windows operating system has a proxy redirecting port 80 to ...

Tags:
  • Security
  • Games
  • Proxy
  • Error Message
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
May 8, 2012 5:34:17 PM

"The Windows operating system has a proxy redirecting port 80 to your local machine port 8877"

Hello,
A game (tribes : ascend ) launcher can no more update the game because:

"The system is unable to connect to the update server https://patcher.hirezstudios.com/HiPatchDispatchRemotin.... The Windows operating system has a proxy redirecting port 80 to your local machine port 8877"

this is the error message.
and it recommends me:
"If you have a real proxy, make sure it is configured to allow port 80 .NET remoting traffic. If you do not have a proxy, you may have leftover problems from malware in which case you will have to disable the proxy on your machine."

I have no proxy and malwarebyte doesn't find any malware :( 

So what can be the problem ?

thanks

More about : windows operating system proxy redirecting port

May 8, 2012 5:58:59 PM

Run combofix which you can download from bleepingcomputer.com and see how that goes.
m
l
May 8, 2012 6:57:38 PM

I run combofix and now it's worse :/ 
The games diagnostic and help tool doesn't start.
I uninstalled the game and it won't reinstall.

EDIT: the problem is the same, same error message, nothing worse so.
m
l
July 25, 2012 7:22:31 AM

I know this is an old thread but I came across someone with the same issue. What worked for them (and I dont know why, but it did) was they went into their internet settings>connections>lan settings the box for proxy was not checked as it should be, the checked it then unchecked it and after that it worked, not sure if the hit apply after checking it and then again after unchecking it but if you still read this try giving that a shot.
m
l
Related resources
!