Phone Tools, V505, Lotus Notes, Bluetooth - does this comb..

Last response: in Brands
October 2, 2004 6:17:08 PM

I'm clearly swimming alone in the deep end of the pool. I just want
to sync my newly-acquired V505 (USA phone with AT&T Wireless) to Lotus
Notes - calendar and Phonebook

My Nokia 6310i included the software (which was brilliant BTW) and
worked fine. Apparently, Motorola does not include the software.

I'm willing to buy it first if I can return it should I find it
doesn't work (as what happened when I bought the MPX200).

Online download sites won't do returns.

BTW, I'm doing all this over Bluetooth which is built into my IBM
Thinkpad (no dongle).

Any help here?

BTW, I saw all the references to MOTCLUB, but the links included to
Mobile Phone Tools. The Matrax link gives me permission denied.

As I said before, I'll buy it, but I want to know that this
combination works. The V505 is nowhere to be found on Motorola's
site, and AT&T Techs say they don't support Phone Tools.
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 10:03:55 PM

I use MPT with my v505, and my MPT documentation says it does work
with Lotus Notes. I don't use LN so I can't verify, but all
indications are that it is supported.

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 14:17:08 -0500, DH <thehobster@hXotmaiXl.com>
wrote:

>I'm clearly swimming alone in the deep end of the pool. I just want
>to sync my newly-acquired V505 (USA phone with AT&T Wireless) to Lotus
>Notes - calendar and Phonebook
>
>My Nokia 6310i included the software (which was brilliant BTW) and
>worked fine. Apparently, Motorola does not include the software.
>
>I'm willing to buy it first if I can return it should I find it
>doesn't work (as what happened when I bought the MPX200).
>
>Online download sites won't do returns.
>
>BTW, I'm doing all this over Bluetooth which is built into my IBM
>Thinkpad (no dongle).
>
>Any help here?
>
>BTW, I saw all the references to MOTCLUB, but the links included to
>Mobile Phone Tools. The Matrax link gives me permission denied.
>
>As I said before, I'll buy it, but I want to know that this
>combination works. The V505 is nowhere to be found on Motorola's
>site, and AT&T Techs say they don't support Phone Tools.
Anonymous
October 3, 2004 12:30:29 AM

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 18:03:55 -0700, esiwt <maps@twisesq.com> wrote:

>I use MPT with my v505, and my MPT documentation says it does work
>with Lotus Notes. I don't use LN so I can't verify, but all
>indications are that it is supported.

Cool. What version of MPT do you have, and where did you get it? If
you bought it online, what did you pay for it?

And are you using MPT over Bluetooth? If so, what Bluetooth adapter
do you have?

Thx
Anonymous
October 3, 2004 2:22:24 AM

>Cool. What version of MPT do you have, and where did you get it? If
>you bought it online, what did you pay for it?

I "found it" on the internet; I'm using 2.21e, which is the latest
version.

>And are you using MPT over Bluetooth? If so, what Bluetooth adapter
>do you have?

I use a Belkin dongle.
Anonymous
October 3, 2004 2:23:45 PM

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 22:22:24 -0700, esiwt <maps@twisesq.com> wrote:

>I "found it" on the internet; I'm using 2.21e, which is the latest
>version.

If you "found it" at motclub, how long ago was that? The link to
matrax gives me permission denied.

Like I said before, I really want to buy this, but I want to see that
it works first. Any chance you can help a brother out? :)  If so,
remove the XXs from the email address.
Anonymous
October 4, 2004 9:05:29 PM

In article <adlul0tu21oeip1rgqv410dfur8jdpdvf3@4ax.com>,
thehobster@hXotmaiXl.com says...
> Cool. What version of MPT do you have, and where did you get it? If
> you bought it online, what did you pay for it?
>
> And are you using MPT over Bluetooth? If so, what Bluetooth adapter
> do you have?

I use bluetooth and a Belkin dongle. Again, I don't use Lotus Notes so
can't verify that.

I, too, downloaded MPT from Motorola. I may well have the files you
need to hand so reply here if you have no joy elsewhere.

Andrew

--

Reply address ROT13 encoded to reduce UCE.
naqerjfgrryr@fcnzpbc.arg

DH wrote:
> *I'm clearly swimming alone in the deep end of the pool. *

I'm dog paddling around here, too. I just bought a V505 last night
(AT&T), and I don't want to go through the hell of entering all my
contacts (a sizeable number) through the keypad. Since the phone's got
Bluetooth, it seems to me that I should be able to get a Bluetooth
dongle for my laptop, connect to the phone, and use some tool to update
the address book.

One would -think- that this is something that a lot of people would
want to do, and that instructions for such a thing would be in the
manual. Alas, no.

So, presuming that I know nothing about hacking cell phones, and
nothing about using Bluetooth devices, can someone lead me through the
steps to get this sort of thing done?

BTW, my preferred OS is SUSE Linux 9.1. Windows is available, but not
readily.

1) Buy a Bluetooth dongle for the laptop.
2) Accquire software to connect to the phone
3) ...
4) Profit!

thx

JD

--
jdray

'THE SPOON' (http://tinyurl.com/5znos)
-If you don't stir the pot,
the stuff at the bottom just sits there.-
http://cellphoneforums.net
October 13, 2004 8:40:00 PM

>So, presuming that I know nothing about hacking cell phones, and
>nothing about using Bluetooth devices, can someone lead me through the
>steps to get this sort of thing done?

1. Buy a Bluetooth dongle for the laptop.
2. Acquire a copy of "mobile PhoneTools" by BVRP Software (I'm told it
can be found on Kazaa).
3. Set up software to work with a "v500" phone (the software doesn't
have a choice for v505, but works perfectly with v500).
4. Set up software to sync with Lotus Notes (or Outlook, whichever you
prefer).
5. Press the sync button, and your contacts and calendar will by
synced.

>BTW, my preferred OS is SUSE Linux 9.1. Windows is available, but not
>readily.

The software I mentioned above is only for Windows.
!