HotSync grabs wrong USB/serial port and won't let go

May 19, 2004 10:47:23 AM

I have a problem with HotSync 4.1.0 grabbing COM ports. It is
configured to use COM1.

When a USB/serial port device is connected, a new COM9 port appears.
HotSync grabs it, opens it and won't let go. I can not use my
USB/serial device.

Has anyone experienced similar problems or have any suggestions? Is
there a technical support available for HotSync software?

XP
Palm Vx
HotSync 4.1.0 software

Thanks in advance,

-Ed
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 11:31:51 PM

On 19 May 2004 06:47:23 -0700, Ed Sutton had this to say...

> I have a problem with HotSync 4.1.0 grabbing COM ports. It is
> configured to use COM1.
>
> When a USB/serial port device is connected, a new COM9 port appears.
> HotSync grabs it, opens it and won't let go. I can not use my
> USB/serial device.
>
> Has anyone experienced similar problems or have any suggestions? Is
> there a technical support available for HotSync software?
>
> XP
> Palm Vx
> HotSync 4.1.0 software
>
> Thanks in advance,