MN-700 Setting Up as server behind a router

How would I set my router up so that I can access a
server on my network from the outside world?? Would I
need to setup port forwarding, a DMZ, what do I need to
do?
3 answers Last reply
More about setting server router

    Hi,

    You would need to setup port forwarding.
    Below is an example for a ftp server on port 21.

    Go to your Base Station Management Tool, then go to Security, then click on
    Port Forwarding then click on the Set up persistent port forwarding.
    Then type in the following:

    Inbound port(s): 21-21
    Type: TCP
    Private IP address: the IP address of your internet computer
    Private port(s): 21-21

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Jordan Goodyear" <mbenzgoodyear@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > How would I set my router up so that I can access a
    > server on my network from the outside world?? Would I
    > need to setup port forwarding, a DMZ, what do I need to
    > do?

    How would I access the server from the outside, would I
    need my WAN IP, say if I was going to remote desktop to
    it?

    just FTP Server
    >Inbound port(s): 21-21
    >Type: TCP
    >Private IP address: the IP address of your internet
    computer
    >Private port(s): 21-21
    >
    >--
    >Gary Tsang
    >Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
    >http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >

    >"Jordan Goodyear" <mbenzgoodyear@yahoo.com> wrote in
    message
    >> How would I set my router up so that I can access a
    >> server on my network from the outside world?? Would I
    >> need to setup port forwarding, a DMZ, what do I need to
    >> do?
    >

    >.

    Hi,

    You would use your WAN IP address.
    If you're setting up a remote desktop

    Go to the port forwarding settings of the MN-700 and then put in the
    following:

    Inbound port(s): 3389-3389
    Type: TCP
    Private IP address: the IP address of the computer you're setting up the
    remote desktop
    Private port(s): 3389-3389

    To access your computer from outside, run remote desktop and then for the
    computer type in your WAN ip address and then you'll have access.

    --

    > How would I access the server from the outside, would I
    > need my WAN IP, say if I was going to remote desktop to
    > it?

Routers Servers Networking