New Moto RAZR V3 - Arrived

Got my new V3 today. havn't been able to put it down since.
Easily the best phone I have had, even bluetooth worked seamlessly. Only
issue is that you cannot synch to Outlook (or other progs) only to their
proprietory phonebook and calendar, ah well can't have everything.

Cheers Jonsc
16 answers Last reply
More about moto razr arrived

    On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:21:37 +0100, "Jonsc" <joncorfield@msn.com>
    wrote:

    >Got my new V3 today. havn't been able to put it down since.
    >Easily the best phone I have had, even bluetooth worked seamlessly. Only
    >issue is that you cannot synch to Outlook (or other progs) only to their
    >proprietory phonebook and calendar, ah well can't have everything.
    >
    >Cheers Jonsc

    Got mine too absolutly brilliant, did you have any luck in getting it
    to talk to Outlook to sync. the contacts? The help file seems to make
    out you can do it.

    Gavin

    Gavin Lewandowski wrote:
    > On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:21:37 +0100, "Jonsc" <joncorfield@msn.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Got my new V3 today. havn't been able to put it down since.
    >>Easily the best phone I have had, even bluetooth worked seamlessly. Only
    >>issue is that you cannot synch to Outlook (or other progs) only to their
    >>proprietory phonebook and calendar, ah well can't have everything.
    >>
    >>Cheers Jonsc
    >>

    > Got mine too absolutly brilliant, did you have any luck in getting it
    > to talk to Outlook to sync. the contacts? The help file seems to make
    > out you can do it.
    >
    > Gavin

    Have you managed to fing the 3D phonebook? I cant find any mention of it
    in the manual or in the phone!

    Orient

    On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 19:26:24 GMT, Orient <anon@home.com> wrote:

    >Gavin Lewandowski wrote:
    >> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:21:37 +0100, "Jonsc" <joncorfield@msn.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >Have you managed to fing the 3D phonebook? I cant find any mention of it
    >in the manual or in the phone!
    >
    >Orient

    Nope!! Im sure mobile-review.com has the pictures of it, all I got is
    Phonebook with the picture icons or name view, everything else matches
    with the screenshots they have, so where is it?!.

    Got some nice mp3 ringtones from hellomoto.com , firefox does help!

    Gavin

    I got mine as well today. I can't seem to connect to the internet on it
    though, it says there was a connection problem with the broser (i'm with
    vodaphone contract).
    Also, how do I get more java games for the phone? This is my second mobile
    phone ever so I'm new to the whole thing... tia

    --
    ---
    Duck and Cover - www.duckandcover.cx

    My music - www.jonathandalton.com

    "Gavin Lewandowski" <gavinlew@despammed.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 19:26:24 GMT, Orient <anon@home.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Gavin Lewandowski wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:21:37 +0100, "Jonsc" <joncorfield@msn.com>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>

    >>Have you managed to fing the 3D phonebook? I cant find any mention of it
    >>in the manual or in the phone!
    >>
    >>Orient
    >
    > Nope!! Im sure mobile-review.com has the pictures of it, all I got is
    > Phonebook with the picture icons or name view, everything else matches
    > with the screenshots they have, so where is it?!.
    >
    > Got some nice mp3 ringtones from hellomoto.com , firefox does help!
    >
    > Gavin

    On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 00:26:37 GMT, "Mr. Teatime"
    <mr_teatime007NO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

    >I got mine as well today. I can't seem to connect to the internet on it
    >though, it says there was a connection problem with the broser (i'm with
    >vodaphone contract).
    >Also, how do I get more java games for the phone? This is my second mobile
    >phone ever so I'm new to the whole thing... tia

    Mine came with the default profile set to T-Mobile, you need to change
    it, now where was the setting.......

    Okay, from the main menu scroll to WebAccess, then scroll down to Web
    Sessions and make sure that you have the Vodafone profile selected at
    the bottom.

    How much voda branding is there on their version?

    Cant help much on the games as I do not use a phone for that, im
    currently tryin to find more skins.

    Gavin

    Thanks. I'm actually with O2 it seems. It was £100 for the phone and a
    contract I think.

    --
    ---

    "Jonsc" <joncorfield@msn.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    2si9rhF1kvtl4U1@uni-berlin.de...
    > Got my new V3 today. havn't been able to put it down since.
    > Easily the best phone I have had, even bluetooth worked seamlessly. Only
    > issue is that you cannot synch to Outlook (or other progs) only to their
    > proprietory phonebook and calendar, ah well can't have everything.
    >
    > Cheers Jonsc

    For the first time after a Micro-Tac in 1993, I went back to a Motorola
    Phone and bought a V500. I'm very happy with it.
    As I followed a bit what was up, I noticed this RAZR phone and fell in love
    as many of you.

    But now that I see the price £ 450 (or 650 Euro) I really ask myself if it
    worth it... Maybe I'm not "dreamer" enough but if I look right, isn't this
    a V500/600 in a (very nice) new jacket?

    I know it's cheaper with one of the plans but I'm in France and cannot take
    any kind of plan - I'll have to buy it as a "naked" sim free phone.

    Thanks for your reactions,

    Ton

    On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 11:37:28 GMT, "Mr. Teatime"
    <mr_teatime007NO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

    >Thanks. I'm actually with O2 it seems. It was £100 for the phone and a
    >contract I think.

    Same as me, Carphone Warehouse? by any chance, yours GSM Stock or O2
    Branded?

    Gavin

    Mr. Teatime wrote:
    > I got mine as well today. I can't seem to connect to the internet on it
    > though, it says there was a connection problem with the broser (i'm with
    > vodaphone contract).
    > Also, how do I get more java games for the phone? This is my second mobile
    > phone ever so I'm new to the whole thing... tia

    I know exactly what you mean about Firefox!!!! ;-)
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 20:14:57 +0100, Gavin Lewandowski
    <gavinlew@despammed.com> wrote:

    >Got mine too absolutly brilliant, did you have any luck in getting it
    >to talk to Outlook to sync. the contacts?

    No luck here either, which is a major PITA. All the docs definitely
    say that sync with MS Outlook is possible. Maybe only with the full
    BVRP version of Phone Tools?

    Al
    --
    [This space intentionally left blank]
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    That's a pretty serious drawback, IMO, not being able to sync to a major
    computer PIM like Outlook.

    Even my years-old v60, not at all a smartphone or anything of the sort, can
    sync to Outlook.

    "Jonsc" <joncorfield@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Got my new V3 today. havn't been able to put it down since.
    > Easily the best phone I have had, even bluetooth worked seamlessly. Only
    > issue is that you cannot synch to Outlook (or other progs) only to their
    > proprietory phonebook and calendar, ah well can't have everything.
    >
    > Cheers Jonsc

  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 23:54:13 +0100, Alan <alan@domain.invalid> wrote:

    > All the docs definitely say that sync with MS Outlook is possible.
    > Maybe only with the full BVRP version of Phone Tools?

    Excuse me following up my own post....

    I spoke to Motorola Support earlier today and they confirmed that the
    version of MPT currently shipped with the V3 (v3.11Ld) will not sync
    with Outlook. Apparantly BVRP are in the process of correcting this
    and a new version will be available from their web site
    http://www.bvrp.com/eng/products/mobilephonetools/default_motorola.asp>
    in "1-2 weeks".

    Al
    --
    [This space intentionally left blank]
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Not O2 branded, at least I don't think so.
    Anyone know where I can get some different themes for the phone (wallpapers
    etc), as well as some basic games for free (i miss snake...)? Also, is
    anyone else worried at the presnece of the magnet-locking case for the
    phone? Isn't having a magnet so close to the phone a bit dangerous....tia

    --
    ---

    > On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 11:37:28 GMT, "Mr. Teatime"
    > <mr_teatime007NO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Thanks. I'm actually with O2 it seems. It was £100 for the phone and a
    >>contract I think.
    >
    > Same as me, Carphone Warehouse? by any chance, yours GSM Stock or O2
    > Branded?
    >
    > Gavin

  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    "Mr. Teatime" <mr_teatime007NO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Not O2 branded, at least I don't think so.
    > Anyone know where I can get some different themes for the phone
    > (wallpapers etc), as well as some basic games for free (i miss snake...)?
    > Also, is anyone else worried at the presnece of the magnet-locking case
    > for the phone? Isn't having a magnet so close to the phone a bit
    > dangerous....tia

    Why would having a magnet 'so close to the phone' be a bit dangerous?? I
    mean, we're not talking about a device containing a magnetic disk or such..
    So I wouldn't think that having a magnet like that would pose any problem at
    all!

    --
    God Bless America!

    Bob the Printer

    Our web pages are located at:
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bdolson/

    Now with a picture link to the webcam near
    Mount St. Helens volcano!

    Or you can click on the link below to go to the
    the Mt. St. Helens page.
    http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/

    Please note that if it's nighttime there you
    will see nothing but 'hash' in the picture.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    "Bob the Printer" <bdolson@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > "Mr. Teatime" <mr_teatime007NO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Not O2 branded, at least I don't think so.
    > > Anyone know where I can get some different themes for the phone
    > > (wallpapers etc), as well as some basic games for free (i miss
    snake...)?
    > > Also, is anyone else worried at the presnece of the magnet-locking case
    > > for the phone? Isn't having a magnet so close to the phone a bit
    > > dangerous....tia
    >
    > Why would having a magnet 'so close to the phone' be a bit dangerous?? I
    > mean, we're not talking about a device containing a magnetic disk or
    such..
    > So I wouldn't think that having a magnet like that would pose any problem
    at
    > all!
    Agree, I've been using a Roots pouch that is held closed by magnet for about
    6 months now, no problems, and my arthritis is gone to boot :-P
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Ditto. Just bought one, coming from a SE P900. Very disappointed with the
    supplied software. Shame that there is nothing else around that can be
    considered competition.

    Very pretty phone, but that's about it......

    " MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > That's a pretty serious drawback, IMO, not being able to sync to a major
    > computer PIM like Outlook.
    >
    > Even my years-old v60, not at all a smartphone or anything of the sort,
    > can
    > sync to Outlook.
    >
    > "Jonsc" <joncorfield@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> Got my new V3 today. havn't been able to put it down since.
    >> Easily the best phone I have had, even bluetooth worked seamlessly. Only
    >> issue is that you cannot synch to Outlook (or other progs) only to their
    >> proprietory phonebook and calendar, ah well can't have everything.
    >>
    >> Cheers Jonsc

Motorola