New Moto RAZR V3 - Arrived

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
October 6, 2004 6:21:37 PM

Got my new V3 today. havn't been able to put it down since.
Easily the best phone I have had, even bluetooth worked seamlessly. Only
issue is that you cannot synch to Outlook (or other progs) only to their
proprietory phonebook and calendar, ah well can't have everything.

Cheers Jonsc

More about : moto razr arrived

Anonymous
October 7, 2004 12:14:57 AM

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:21:37 +0100, "Jonsc" <joncorfield@msn.com>
wrote:

>Got my new V3 today. havn't been able to put it down since.
>Easily the best phone I have had, even bluetooth worked seamlessly. Only
>issue is that you cannot synch to Outlook (or other progs) only to their
>proprietory phonebook and calendar, ah well can't have everything.
>
>Cheers Jonsc

Got mine too absolutly brilliant, did you have any luck in getting it
to talk to Outlook to sync. the contacts? The help file seems to make
out you can do it.

Gavin
October 7, 2004 12:14:58 AM

Gavin Lewandowski wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:21:37 +0100, "Jonsc" <joncorfield@msn.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Got my new V3 today. havn't been able to put it down since.
>>Easily the best phone I have had, even bluetooth worked seamlessly. Only
>>issue is that you cannot synch to Outlook (or other progs) only to their
>>proprietory phonebook and calendar, ah well can't have everything.
>>
>>Cheers Jonsc
>>

> Got mine too absolutly brilliant, did you have any luck in getting it
> to talk to Outlook to sync. the contacts? The help file seems to make
> out you can do it.
>
> Gavin

Have you managed to fing the 3D phonebook? I cant find any mention of it
in the manual or in the phone!

Orient
October 7, 2004 4:50:04 AM

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 19:26:24 GMT, Orient <anon@home.com> wrote:

>Gavin Lewandowski wrote:
>> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:21:37 +0100, "Jonsc" <joncorfield@msn.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>Have you managed to fing the 3D phonebook? I cant find any mention of it
>in the manual or in the phone!
>
>Orient

Nope!! Im sure mobile-review.com has the pictures of it, all I got is
Phonebook with the picture icons or name view, everything else matches
with the screenshots they have, so where is it?!.

Got some nice mp3 ringtones from hellomoto.com , firefox does help!

Gavin
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 4:50:05 AM

I got mine as well today. I can't seem to connect to the internet on it
though, it says there was a connection problem with the broser (i'm with
vodaphone contract).
Also, how do I get more java games for the phone? This is my second mobile
phone ever so I'm new to the whole thing... tia

--
---
Duck and Cover - www.duckandcover.cx

My music - www.jonathandalton.com

"Gavin Lewandowski" <gavinlew@despammed.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 19:26:24 GMT, Orient <anon@home.com> wrote:
>
>>Gavin Lewandowski wrote:
>>> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:21:37 +0100, "Jonsc" <joncorfield@msn.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>Have you managed to fing the 3D phonebook? I cant find any mention of it
>>in the manual or in the phone!
>>
>>Orient
>
> Nope!! Im sure mobile-review.com has the pictures of it, all I got is
> Phonebook with the picture icons or name view, everything else matches
> with the screenshots they have, so where is it?!.
>
> Got some nice mp3 ringtones from hellomoto.com , firefox does help!
>
> Gavin

Anonymous
October 7, 2004 3:46:43 PM

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 00:26:37 GMT, "Mr. Teatime"
<mr_teatime007NO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

>I got mine as well today. I can't seem to connect to the internet on it
>though, it says there was a connection problem with the broser (i'm with
>vodaphone contract).
>Also, how do I get more java games for the phone? This is my second mobile
>phone ever so I'm new to the whole thing... tia

Mine came with the default profile set to T-Mobile, you need to change
it, now where was the setting.......

Okay, from the main menu scroll to WebAccess, then scroll down to Web
Sessions and make sure that you have the Vodafone profile selected at
the bottom.

How much voda branding is there on their version?

Cant help much on the games as I do not use a phone for that, im
currently tryin to find more skins.

Gavin
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 3:46:44 PM

Thanks. I'm actually with O2 it seems. It was £100 for the phone and a
contract I think.

--
---

news:p g7am0910e98sthu9cu77op3ioo6v207c9@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 00:26:37 GMT, "Mr. Teatime"
> <mr_teatime007NO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I got mine as well today. I can't seem to connect to the internet on it
>>though, it says there was a connection problem with the broser (i'm with
>>vodaphone contract).
>>Also, how do I get more java games for the phone? This is my second mobile
>>phone ever so I'm new to the whole thing... tia
>
> Mine came with the default profile set to T-Mobile, you need to change
> it, now where was the setting.......
>
> Okay, from the main menu scroll to WebAccess, then scroll down to Web
> Sessions and make sure that you have the Vodafone profile selected at
> the bottom.
>
> How much voda branding is there on their version?
>
> Cant help much on the games as I do not use a phone for that, im
> currently tryin to find more skins.
>
> Gavin

Anonymous
October 7, 2004 7:16:41 PM

"Jonsc" <joncorfield@msn.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
2si9rhF1kvtl4U1@uni-berlin.de...
> Got my new V3 today. havn't been able to put it down since.
> Easily the best phone I have had, even bluetooth worked seamlessly. Only
> issue is that you cannot synch to Outlook (or other progs) only to their
> proprietory phonebook and calendar, ah well can't have everything.
>
> Cheers Jonsc

For the first time after a Micro-Tac in 1993, I went back to a Motorola
Phone and bought a V500. I'm very happy with it.
As I followed a bit what was up, I noticed this RAZR phone and fell in love
as many of you.

But now that I see the price £ 450 (or 650 Euro) I really ask myself if it
worth it... Maybe I'm not "dreamer" enough but if I look right, isn't this
a V500/600 in a (very nice) new jacket?

I know it's cheaper with one of the plans but I'm in France and cannot take
any kind of plan - I'll have to buy it as a "naked" sim free phone.

Thanks for your reactions,

Ton
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 8:47:14 PM

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 11:37:28 GMT, "Mr. Teatime"
<mr_teatime007NO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks. I'm actually with O2 it seems. It was £100 for the phone and a
>contract I think.

Same as me, Carphone Warehouse? by any chance, yours GSM Stock or O2
Branded?

Gavin
October 8, 2004 12:40:53 AM

Mr. Teatime wrote:
> I got mine as well today. I can't seem to connect to the internet on it
> though, it says there was a connection problem with the broser (i'm with
> vodaphone contract).
> Also, how do I get more java games for the phone? This is my second mobile
> phone ever so I'm new to the whole thing... tia

I know exactly what you mean about Firefox!!!! ;-)
October 8, 2004 3:54:13 AM

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 20:14:57 +0100, Gavin Lewandowski
<gavinlew@despammed.com> wrote:

>Got mine too absolutly brilliant, did you have any luck in getting it
>to talk to Outlook to sync. the contacts?

No luck here either, which is a major PITA. All the docs definitely
say that sync with MS Outlook is possible. Maybe only with the full
BVRP version of Phone Tools?

Al
--
[This space intentionally left blank]
October 8, 2004 11:06:27 AM

That's a pretty serious drawback, IMO, not being able to sync to a major
computer PIM like Outlook.

Even my years-old v60, not at all a smartphone or anything of the sort, can
sync to Outlook.

"Jonsc" <joncorfield@msn.com> wrote in message
> Got my new V3 today. havn't been able to put it down since.
> Easily the best phone I have had, even bluetooth worked seamlessly. Only
> issue is that you cannot synch to Outlook (or other progs) only to their
> proprietory phonebook and calendar, ah well can't have everything.
>
> Cheers Jonsc

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 5:11:58 PM

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 23:54:13 +0100, Alan <alan@domain.invalid> wrote:

> All the docs definitely say that sync with MS Outlook is possible.
> Maybe only with the full BVRP version of Phone Tools?

Excuse me following up my own post....

I spoke to Motorola Support earlier today and they confirmed that the
version of MPT currently shipped with the V3 (v3.11Ld) will not sync
with Outlook. Apparantly BVRP are in the process of correcting this
and a new version will be available from their web site
http://www.bvrp.com/eng/products/mobilephonetools/defau...;
in "1-2 weeks".

Al
--
[This space intentionally left blank]
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 5:30:08 AM

Not O2 branded, at least I don't think so.
Anyone know where I can get some different themes for the phone (wallpapers
etc), as well as some basic games for free (i miss snake...)? Also, is
anyone else worried at the presnece of the magnet-locking case for the
phone? Isn't having a magnet so close to the phone a bit dangerous....tia

--
---

> On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 11:37:28 GMT, "Mr. Teatime"
> <mr_teatime007NO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Thanks. I'm actually with O2 it seems. It was £100 for the phone and a
>>contract I think.
>
> Same as me, Carphone Warehouse? by any chance, yours GSM Stock or O2
> Branded?
>
> Gavin

Anonymous
October 10, 2004 6:27:55 AM

"Mr. Teatime" <mr_teatime007NO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Not O2 branded, at least I don't think so.
> Anyone know where I can get some different themes for the phone
> (wallpapers etc), as well as some basic games for free (i miss snake...)?
> Also, is anyone else worried at the presnece of the magnet-locking case
> for the phone? Isn't having a magnet so close to the phone a bit
> dangerous....tia

Why would having a magnet 'so close to the phone' be a bit dangerous?? I
mean, we're not talking about a device containing a magnetic disk or such..
So I wouldn't think that having a magnet like that would pose any problem at
all!

--
God Bless America!

Bob the Printer

Our web pages are located at:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bdolson/

Now with a picture link to the webcam near
Mount St. Helens volcano!

Or you can click on the link below to go to the
the Mt. St. Helens page.
http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/

Please note that if it's nighttime there you
will see nothing but 'hash' in the picture.
October 10, 2004 7:19:20 AM

"Bob the Printer" <bdolson@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Mr. Teatime" <mr_teatime007NO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Not O2 branded, at least I don't think so.
> > Anyone know where I can get some different themes for the phone
> > (wallpapers etc), as well as some basic games for free (i miss
snake...)?
> > Also, is anyone else worried at the presnece of the magnet-locking case
> > for the phone? Isn't having a magnet so close to the phone a bit
> > dangerous....tia
>
> Why would having a magnet 'so close to the phone' be a bit dangerous?? I
> mean, we're not talking about a device containing a magnetic disk or
such..
> So I wouldn't think that having a magnet like that would pose any problem
at
> all!
Agree, I've been using a Roots pouch that is held closed by magnet for about
6 months now, no problems, and my arthritis is gone to boot :-P
October 20, 2004 5:46:33 AM

Ditto. Just bought one, coming from a SE P900. Very disappointed with the
supplied software. Shame that there is nothing else around that can be
considered competition.

Very pretty phone, but that's about it......

!