Computer sound hiccups stops and starts

yorkie13

Honorable
May 8, 2012
For about two weeks, all music and video on my computer has glitches in it - stalls briefly then starts again. About the same time I'm noticing halting in the cursor movement - on games. Stalls then starts. What could be the problem?

i start with a little housecleaning and see if it a software issue or something running in the background. run ccleaner to clean up dead files and then run a good defrag. run a malware scan and virus scan to see if your clean. if you are and the pc still has the issue check the hard drive first with a vendor drive tool. (seagate is called seatools). if the hard drive come back as ok i would then download memtest to see if you have any issues with your ram. also as your doing the house cleaning open the case check that the pc fans are not dust bound or the pc has a lot of dust. (dust will hold in the heat and can cause issues).

yorkie13

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Tried most of the above suggestions and still had the problem. I finally restored the computer to an earlier date and got rid of the halting and hiccuping that was plaguing me. So glad to get rid of the problem.