Tags:
  • wireless-networking
  • Connectivity
  • Xbox 360
  • Routers
  • Internet
Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 11, 2012 8:59:25 PM

I'm having an odd problem. I recently bought an Asus Rt-n56u router to replace a netgear that bit the dust. I have three xbox 360's connected wirelessly to the network, that me and my roommates typically use simultaneously. When any one of us turns off our xbox, we completely lose the internet. Sometimes it comes back in a few minutes, and other times we have to reset the modem and the router to get it back. I emailed ASUS and got a fairly unhelpful suggestion to try port forwarding, without real clear instructions on what to do. I am a computer proficient person, and I could follow instructions on how to fix this problem, but I need instructions in order to do that. Will port forwarding solve my problems? Could it be something else?

More about : internet drops turn xbox

May 1, 2013 5:24:42 PM

Anyone have a solution to this? I have a similar problem. The internet works fine when I have my xbox on but when I turn my xbox off it causes the internet to not work, for about two minutes, on my desktop or my laptop both of which are also connected wirelessly. I have a linksys wrt110 router and the firmware is up-to-date. Tried searching google but of the few instances I found of people with the same problem I saw no answers.
m
l
!