Needs CHEAP ink jet cartridges!

inquiring

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2002
Whats the killer low cost site for ink jet cartridges which don’t leak ink, which match OEM colors, aren’t remanufactured, and don’t rape the buyer on freight?

smitbret

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
With that list of requirements, sounds like you oughta stick with OEM. Alternatively, I like www.acsmsupplies.com for my regular text and graphic printing. For photo printing I use www.carrotink.com, I actually prefer their ink to the OEM Epson.
-Brett

M39shadow

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2003
All budget (i.e. nonOEM) print cartridges are remanufactured. Be careful picking them if you go that route. Some really "great deals" are turning out to be counterfit cartridges made in 3rd world countries. Failure rates for these are very high.

From my own experience, the failure rate of remanufactured cartridges cancels out any cost reduction you may see over OEM cartridges over time.

M39shadow

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2003
It depends on were you get them and from whom. Some remanfactured cartridges aren't to bad out of the box with failure rates just slighlty higher than OEM (which has a less than 1% failure rate). However, over the life of the cartridge, the remanufactures require more cleaning and maintenance for the most part. Some also failed prematurely.

I have seen other bargain brand cartridges with failure rates out of the box higher than 30%.

All I'm saying is that you gotta be really careful about where ya get them because if you get a leaker that ruins a $300 printer, was it really worth being cheap?

focu-on-success

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

In Australia I use www.dealo.com.au and www.printzon.com.au - they seem to have the best ink as far as I can see.