woody

I tried installing an MN-720 on a Gateway Laptop running
win98 SE. The installation first installed universal PnP.
Upon rebooting the machine started crashing with an
ssdpsrv error message. When finishing the installation
just about any application that involved internet access
crashed (Norton Live Update, Yahoo, IE, etc).

Giving up I tried uninstalling the MS broadband software
but the machine is crashing with vxd vcache errors.

Any clues as to what the uPnP problems could be related to
or how to correctly uninstall this mess?

woody

I had to manually edit the registry to remove remnants of
the MS Broadband software and rebuild winsock in order to
return the machine to normal. Not a good experience.