Besides Midway, are there any other software available?

Last response: in Brands
October 7, 2004 8:04:58 PM

In addition to Midway, are there any other software available to help
transfer or manage Java inside you Motorola 600?

My Mobile Phone Tools works great. But, I have USB connection problem with
Midway. I get "Time Expired" messages. I can't transfer Java Games to my
phone.

Any help is appreciated.

SoCalUSA

More about : midway software

October 8, 2004 6:31:15 AM

Have you tried to check the com port your cell is using in the
controlpanel>modems of your pc OS? You need to configure midway to use the
same com port under settings.
"So-Cal-USA" <socalusa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In addition to Midway, are there any other software available to help
> transfer or manage Java inside you Motorola 600?
>
> My Mobile Phone Tools works great. But, I have USB connection problem with
> Midway. I get "Time Expired" messages. I can't transfer Java Games to my
> phone.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> SoCalUSA

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 7:45:26 PM

I am on DSL. I took out my modem and replaced it with a LAN card. Do I need
a voice modem to connect to my USB?

Thanks
SoCalUSA

"Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:o 46dndMcbpi6qfvcRVn-gA@rogers.com...
> Have you tried to check the com port your cell is using in the
> controlpanel>modems of your pc OS? You need to configure midway to use
the
> same com port under settings.
> "So-Cal-USA" <socalusa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > In addition to Midway, are there any other software available to help
> > transfer or manage Java inside you Motorola 600?
> >
> > My Mobile Phone Tools works great. But, I have USB connection problem
with
> > Midway. I get "Time Expired" messages. I can't transfer Java Games to my
> > phone.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated.
> >
> > SoCalUSA

Related resources
October 8, 2004 7:45:27 PM

:-S No man, when you connect your cell to the pc it shows up as a modem
Here, maybe this will help you,
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=...

> I am on DSL. I took out my modem and replaced it with a LAN card. Do I
need
> a voice modem to connect to my USB?
>
> Thanks
> SoCalUSA
>

> "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
> news:o 46dndMcbpi6qfvcRVn-gA@rogers.com...
> > Have you tried to check the com port your cell is using in the
> > controlpanel>modems of your pc OS? You need to configure midway to use
> the
> > same com port under settings.
> > "So-Cal-USA" <socalusa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > In addition to Midway, are there any other software available to help
> > > transfer or manage Java inside you Motorola 600?
> > >
> > > My Mobile Phone Tools works great. But, I have USB connection problem
> with
> > > Midway. I get "Time Expired" messages. I can't transfer Java Games to
my
> > > phone.
> > >
> > > Any help is appreciated.
> > >
> > > SoCalUSA

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 10:10:18 PM

I saw my (phone) as my modem on the device manager list. Configured Midway
to the same Com Port and Speed settings. Loaded up my Jad file, and then
Clicked on the send to my phone option. I got "Time Expired Message" error
message again.

Following the links and FAQ at Howard's Forums, I got to areas talking about
editing with Hex Editor, and changing address areas of my Cingular V-600
phone.

Is it my phone, that is managed by Cingular, causing these issues? Or, is
there a java issue in my phone that I have to deal with. The first line of
the FAQ said: "That you have a Motorola phone with the Java App Loader
enabled in your Java Settings Menu.". My Cingular settings does not give me
that option.
or, at least I don't know where to go to find it.

I've no problems connecting to Mobile Phone Tools. But, I can not connect to
Midway nor to P2KMAN.

> :-S No man, when you connect your cell to the pc it shows up as a modem
> Here, maybe this will help you,
> http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=...
>

> "So-Cal-USA" <socalusa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I am on DSL. I took out my modem and replaced it with a LAN card. Do I
> need
> > a voice modem to connect to my USB?
> >
> > Thanks
> > SoCalUSA
> >

> > "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message
> > news:o 46dndMcbpi6qfvcRVn-gA@rogers.com...
> > > Have you tried to check the com port your cell is using in the
> > > controlpanel>modems of your pc OS? You need to configure midway to
use
> > the
> > > same com port under settings.
> > > "So-Cal-USA" <socalusa@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > with
> my

October 9, 2004 1:46:30 AM

To enable the Java App loader you need PST. To upload games with Midway you
Have to have it enabled
Check out this site and you will see a walkthrough I put together on how to
install and enable java with PST and where to get it....Look under the Vxxx
games section of the forum, it is really quite a simple process...
www.vxxxstuff.com

!