Laptop detects not all available wireless connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darvydas

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Hi,

Laptop detects not all available wireless connections and at the same time on existing connection is very poor signal strength. I make this announce when I compared my and my friend laptop wireless connections, his laptop detects more than ten available connections (when my ASUS K55VD with "Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter" finds just two, no more and both are on very poor signals). I have to be in the same room where is rooter if I want to use the Internet, and as for my friends they can use same wireless connection all above the house. I tried to re-install all network drivers on my Laptop, use programs like Xirrus Wi-Fi inspector, but also, no more than two available connections with poor signal strengt.

More details: on the same rooter where tested four laptops ( all new bought on 2012 ), three of them except mine worked perfect with wireless connections(finds more than ten available from neighbors) and with strong full signal on our rooter.

I bought my laptop on 2012 08, with Windows 7 installed already. Please help to find and fix my wireless issue,

Thanks, Darvydas

Darvydas

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
In this way my warranty card would be very useful I guess, but the problem is that it take about two weeks to do the repair if the idea of wires is successful

Status
Not open for further replies.