• AMD
  • Motherboards
  • Asus
  • Compatibility
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
May 9, 2012 4:00:47 AM

Hello,
I would like to know if I can use the AMD FX 8120 CPU on the Asus m4n98td evo motherboard.

More about : asus m4n98td evo motherboard compatibility amd series cpu

June 10, 2012 11:09:43 AM

watso91 said:
Hello,
I would like to know if I can use the AMD FX 8120 CPU on the Asus m4n98td evo motherboard.

No sadly it cannot because the motherboard is an AMD 3 socket and for a FX cpu you will need an AMD 3+
motherboard.
HOpe this helped
m
l
September 20, 2012 9:35:41 AM

I was hoping .. on Not the Ovies answer i can alos read at Asus.com .. but i hoped som may be woud test it.. or had tested it.. the Socket AM3+ AM3 AM2+ and AM2 is the SAME .. and i have a m3n78-cm /DDR2PC8500 sockett AM2/AM2+ With support PHENON II x2 and x6 with L3support Socket 3 with a simpel to do Bios upgrade and if you read els whare the SOCKET AM3 and AM3+ is the Same???... bord is abel to unlock Cores and support 140Watt CPUs so i think its a BIOS UPGRADE (if they have made on) or it simpel Plugs in.. in old days when you wer her on TOMs.. all things wer tested.. to save a buck.. but that is of on known reasons not a Test site any more .. but a Google is your friend site.. ther are only whot you coud find at the ovies sites.. so why bother asking.. :bounce: 
But ill Ask Any How..
Sins AM2-AM2+ = AM3-AM3+ Is The SAME Has any Wreal HardWare Dude-Dude a real ""1337 ""(for Not Nerds ""Elite"" in Numbers :sol:  )
Tested It.. The FX8120/FX8150
If you read the Specks of ASUS M4N98TD EVO Latest Version with 6Core+
Support .. it might be a possibillety

and if your only Comment is a Copy Past of the Net don` :hello:  t bather

Joe

""http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socket_AM3""
m
l
Related resources
!