No sound from Pro Tools to Monitors!!!!

Last response: in Home Audio
a b C Monitor
October 3, 2004 3:20:06 AM

Hello everyone,

I just purchased two Diamond Pro monitors for my Pro Tools LE 5.0 that I am
running on Classic OS 9.1. I can NOT get any sound to come out of these
monitors, although they do come through my headphones. I have been playing
around with Pro Tools and OMS, but, being that I am still a beginner nothing
is working.

Can anyone here please tell me how to get sound out of these monitors? This
is terribly frustrating.

Thanks for your help.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
October 3, 2004 7:28:48 AM

>Hello everyone,
>
>I just purchased two Diamond Pro monitors for my Pro Tools LE 5.0 that I am
>running on Classic OS 9.1. I can NOT get any sound to come out of these
>monitors, although they do come through my headphones. I have been playing
>around with Pro Tools and OMS, but, being that I am still a beginner nothing
>is working.
>
>Can anyone here please tell me how to get sound out of these monitors? This
>is terribly frustrating.
>
>Thanks for your help.

is it 001?
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
October 3, 2004 8:20:49 AM

Are they self-powered monitors? What audio interface are you using out
of the computer? It's kind of hard to help you without knowing how
you've got stuff hooked up.

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)

"song writer" <iwritesongs@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
>
> I just purchased two Diamond Pro monitors for my Pro Tools LE 5.0 that
I am
> running on Classic OS 9.1. I can NOT get any sound to come out of
these
> monitors, although they do come through my headphones. I have been
playing
> around with Pro Tools and OMS, but, being that I am still a beginner
nothing
> is working.
>
> Can anyone here please tell me how to get sound out of these monitors?
This
> is terribly frustrating.
>
> Thanks for your help.

a b C Monitor
October 3, 2004 9:09:47 AM

song writer wrote:

> I just purchased two Diamond Pro monitors for my Pro Tools LE 5.0 that I am
> running on Classic OS 9.1.

You mean you are running your machine on OS9.1. "Classic" is when OS9
runs like a ginat app under OSX.

Are those Mitsubishi Diamond Pro monitors? I.e., CRT's, not speakers?
Because I have a 19' Diamond Pro in front of me and it doesn't have any
built-in sound out devices.

--
ha
Anonymous

hank alrich wrote:

> Because I have a ^^ 19' ^^ Diamond Pro in front of me

A monitor nineteen feet across? Unh hunh... make that 19".

Thank you.

--
ha
Anonymous

hank alrich wrote:

>> Because I have a ^^ 19' ^^ Diamond Pro in front of me
>
>A monitor nineteen feet across? Unh hunh... make that 19".

You weren't by any chance Tour Manager for Spinal Tap in a previous life?
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
October 3, 2004 6:20:40 PM

On 10/2/04 11:28 PM, in article
20041002232848.22466.00000164@mb-m06.aol.com, "Mondoslug1"
<mondoslug1@aol.comwaht> wrote:

>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I just purchased two Diamond Pro monitors for my Pro Tools LE 5.0 that I am
>> running on Classic OS 9.1. I can NOT get any sound to come out of these
>> monitors, although they do come through my headphones. I have been playing
>> around with Pro Tools and OMS, but, being that I am still a beginner nothing
>> is working.
>>
>> Can anyone here please tell me how to get sound out of these monitors? This
>> is terribly frustrating.
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
> is it 001?

Thanks for the feedback, everybody.

Yes, I am using the Pro Tools 001 box. I am hooking the speakers to the back
of it, where the manual said to. The speakers are self powered; I have each
speaker plugged into a power outlet.
On the back of the speakers, there us an on/off switch. Of course, I have it
on. But there is also a "cut/play" switch. I have it on play.

I am running the Pro Tools Le, 5.0 off of OS 9.1. I am booting up off of
the OS 9.2.2 drive.

Thanks
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
October 3, 2004 7:32:00 PM

>Thanks for the feedback, everybody.
>
>Yes, I am using the Pro Tools 001 box. I am hooking the speakers to the back
>of it, where the manual said to.

Plugged into "Main Output" or "Monitor Output"

The speakers are self powered; I have each
>speaker plugged into a power outlet.
>On the back of the speakers, there us an on/off switch. Of course, I have it
>on. But there is also a "cut/play" switch. I have it on play.
>
>I am running the Pro Tools Le, 5.0 off of OS 9.1. I am booting up off of
>the OS 9.2.2 drive.
>
>Thanks

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
October 3, 2004 9:51:23 PM

I am not sure if this is your problem but-

"I am running the Pro Tools Le, 5.0 off of OS 9.1. I am booting up off
of the OS 9.2.2 drive."

doesn't sound like a good idea.

song writer wrote:
> On 10/2/04 11:28 PM, in article
> 20041002232848.22466.00000164@mb-m06.aol.com, "Mondoslug1"
> <mondoslug1@aol.comwaht> wrote:
>

>>>Hello everyone,
>>>
>>>I just purchased two Diamond Pro monitors for my Pro Tools LE 5.0 that I am
>>>running on Classic OS 9.1. I can NOT get any sound to come out of these
>>>monitors, although they do come through my headphones. I have been playing
>>>around with Pro Tools and OMS, but, being that I am still a beginner nothing
>>>is working.
>>>
>>>Can anyone here please tell me how to get sound out of these monitors? This
>>>is terribly frustrating.
>>>
>>>Thanks for your help.
>>>

>>is it 001?
>

> Thanks for the feedback, everybody.
>
> Yes, I am using the Pro Tools 001 box. I am hooking the speakers to the back
> of it, where the manual said to. The speakers are self powered; I have each
> speaker plugged into a power outlet.
> On the back of the speakers, there us an on/off switch. Of course, I have it
> on. But there is also a "cut/play" switch. I have it on play.
>
> I am running the Pro Tools Le, 5.0 off of OS 9.1. I am booting up off of
> the OS 9.2.2 drive.
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
October 4, 2004 11:30:46 AM

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 01:09:47 -0400, hank alrich wrote
(in article <1gl1ts0.hohbuk6zsoziN%walkinay@thegrid.net>):

> song writer wrote:
>
>> I just purchased two Diamond Pro monitors for my Pro Tools LE 5.0 that I am
>> running on Classic OS 9.1.
>
> You mean you are running your machine on OS9.1. "Classic" is when OS9
> runs like a ginat app under OSX.

I didn't think PT ran in classic mode.

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
October 4, 2004 7:46:14 PM

"song writer" <iwritesongs@verizon.net> wrote in message news:BD858316.6F1B%

> Yes, I am using the Pro Tools 001 box. I am hooking the speakers to the
> back
> of it, where the manual said to. The speakers are self powered; I have
> each
> speaker plugged into a power outlet.
> On the back of the speakers, there us an on/off switch. Of course, I have
> it
> on. But there is also a "cut/play" switch. I have it on play.

I guess they are *Wharfedale* Diamond Pro ?

geoff
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
October 4, 2004 8:00:09 PM

Ty Ford wrote:

> hank alrich wrote:

> > song writer wrote:

> >> I just purchased two Diamond Pro monitors for my Pro Tools LE 5.0 that I am
> >> running on Classic OS 9.1.

> > You mean you are running your machine on OS9.1. "Classic" is when OS9
> > runs like a ginat app under OSX.

> I didn't think PT ran in classic mode.

Right, jsut like most everything that needs direct access to hardware
doesn't run in Mac "Classic" OS mode. That's why it is important to keep
the terminology straight, so that help can be tendered intelligently.

--
ha
Anonymous

On 10/3/04 10:46 PM, in article cQ28d.6400$mZ2.571681@news02.tsnz.net,
"Geoff Wood" <geoff@paf.co.nz-nospam> wrote:

> "song writer" <iwritesongs@verizon.net> wrote in message news:BD858316.6F1B%
>

>> Yes, I am using the Pro Tools 001 box. I am hooking the speakers to the
>> back
>> of it, where the manual said to. The speakers are self powered; I have
>> each
>> speaker plugged into a power outlet.
>> On the back of the speakers, there us an on/off switch. Of course, I have
>> it
>> on. But there is also a "cut/play" switch. I have it on play.
>

> I guess they are *Wharfedale* Diamond Pro ?
>
> geoff

If finally got the monitors to work with Pro Tools. It turns out the Pro
Tools manual was instructing me to plug the speakers into the wrong outlet
in the back of the Digi 001 box! Go figure!

Thanks for your help everybody!
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
October 5, 2004 7:10:27 AM

>f finally got the monitors to work with Pro Tools. It turns out the Pro
>Tools manual was instructing me to plug the speakers into the wrong outlet
>in the back of the Digi 001 box! Go figure!

Like I asked... was it in main out or monitor?
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
October 5, 2004 3:01:22 PM

On 10/4/04 11:10 PM, in article
20041004231027.09580.00001175@mb-m26.aol.com, "Mondoslug1"
<mondoslug1@aol.comwaht> wrote:

>> f finally got the monitors to work with Pro Tools. It turns out the Pro
>> Tools manual was instructing me to plug the speakers into the wrong outlet
>> in the back of the Digi 001 box! Go figure!
>
> Like I asked... was it in main out or monitor?

I believe it was in the monitor out, so now it must be in the main out.
Hmmm, I got some more reading to do.

I just purchased a tutorial on Pro Tools Le from VTC.com. I hope it's good.
It didn't get the greatest reviews on amazon.com.
!