What is the memory of the V600?

Last response: in Brands
a b } Memory
October 8, 2004 9:50:59 AM

Can somebody with one if these please goto Pictures Menu - View free
space and tell me what it says the memory capacity is?

Mine says

Label:p hone
Free: 33.3Kb
Used:107Kb
Total: 140Kb

I understood the memory of the V600 was 5MB. Should I take it back
for a replacement?

Cheers

Kev

More about : memory v600

October 8, 2004 4:34:54 PM

"Kev Stacey" <largekevinstacey@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can somebody with one if these please goto Pictures Menu - View free
> space and tell me what it says the memory capacity is?
>
> Mine says
>
> Label:p hone
> Free: 33.3Kb
> Used:107Kb
> Total: 140Kb
>
> I understood the memory of the V600 was 5MB. Should I take it back
> for a replacement?
>
> Cheers
>
> Kev

Why would you start a new thread, when all your answers for this very
question are just a little ways below this one?
The answers won't change, ya bring it back for a replacement. Or keep asking
the same question over and over until the newsgroup is clogged and your
warranty is over lol :-P
Anonymous
a b } Memory
October 9, 2004 1:14:09 AM

"Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message

> "Kev Stacey" <largekevinstacey@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Can somebody with one if these please goto Pictures Menu - View free
>> space and tell me what it says the memory capacity is?
>>
>> Mine says
>>
>> Label:p hone
>> Free: 33.3Kb
>> Used:107Kb
>> Total: 140Kb
>>
>> I understood the memory of the V600 was 5MB. Should I take it back
>> for a replacement?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Kev
>
> Why would you start a new thread, when all your answers for this very
> question are just a little ways below this one?
> The answers won't change, ya bring it back for a replacement. Or keep
> asking
> the same question over and over until the newsgroup is clogged and your
> warranty is over lol :-P

Label: Phone
Free: 4507Kb
Used: 195Kb
Total: 4702kb

Simon H
a b } Memory
October 9, 2004 6:42:02 PM

largekevinstacey@hotmail.com (Kev Stacey) wrote in

> Can somebody with one if these please goto Pictures Menu - View free
> space and tell me what it says the memory capacity is?
>
> Mine says
>
> Label:p hone
> Free: 33.3Kb
> Used:107Kb
> Total: 140Kb
>
> I understood the memory of the V600 was 5MB. Should I take it back
> for a replacement?

It's 5 MB alright, but what you experience could be caused by a bug in
the software, not necessarily a hardware defect. I've experienced
something similar with a couple of pictures and sounds I had previously
uploaded into the phone. After tinkering a bit with the files I uploaded
(attributing categories I think), they "disappeared" from the listings,
but still seemed to occupy memory. The was useable memory was shown as
2.5ish MB (5 MB minus the "invisible" files), but I could not delete
those files. My solution was to Apply "Master Reset" and "Master Clear"
(I did both at once, not sure which of the two did the trick). After that
the "invisible" files reappeared, I could delete them manually, and the
useable memory was 5 MB again. Be warned that you lose all personal
settings and possibly emails and SMS stored in the phone if you do that.

Regards

--
Klänge
Für Millionen

largekevinstacey@hotmail.com (Kev Stacey) wrote in

> Can somebody with one if these please goto Pictures Menu - View free
> space and tell me what it says the memory capacity is?
>
> Mine says
>
> Label:p hone
> Free: 33.3Kb
> Used:107Kb
> Total: 140Kb
>
> I understood the memory of the V600 was 5MB. Should I take it back
> for a replacement?

It's 5 MB alright, but what you experience could be caused by a bug in
the software, not necessarily a hardware defect. I've experienced
something similar with a couple of pictures and sounds I had previously
uploaded into the phone. After tinkering a bit with the files I uploaded
(attributing categories I think), they "disappeared" from the listings,
but still seemed to occupy memory. The was useable memory was shown as
2.5ish MB (5 MB minus the "invisible" files), but I could not delete
those files. My solution was to Apply "Master Reset" and "Master Clear"
(I did both at once, not sure which of the two did the trick). After that
the "invisible" files reappeared, I could delete them manually, and the
useable memory was 5 MB again. Be warned that you lose all personal
settings and possibly emails and SMS stored in the phone if you do that.

Regards

--
Klänge
Für Millionen
Überwinden
Die Distanzen
Anonymous
a b } Memory
October 10, 2004 3:35:39 PM

"Kev Stacey" <largekevinstacey@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can somebody with one if these please goto Pictures Menu - View free
> space and tell me what it says the memory capacity is?
>
> Mine says
>
> Label:p hone
> Free: 33.3Kb
> Used:107Kb
> Total: 140Kb

Mine says...

Free: 4773kb
Used: 2295kb
Total: 7069kb
:o )
October 10, 2004 8:03:47 PM

"Gøñzølã" <T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m> wrote in message

> "Kev Stacey" <largekevinstacey@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Can somebody with one if these please goto Pictures Menu - View free
> > space and tell me what it says the memory capacity is?
> >
> > Mine says
> >
> > Label:p hone
> > Free: 33.3Kb
> > Used:107Kb