What is the memory of the V600?

Can somebody with one if these please goto Pictures Menu - View free
space and tell me what it says the memory capacity is?

Mine says

Label:phone
Free: 33.3Kb
Used:107Kb
Total: 140Kb

I understood the memory of the V600 was 5MB. Should I take it back
for a replacement?

Cheers

Kev
6 answers Last reply
More about what memory v600

    "Kev Stacey" <largekevinstacey@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Can somebody with one if these please goto Pictures Menu - View free
    > space and tell me what it says the memory capacity is?
    >
    > Mine says
    >
    > Label:phone
    > Free: 33.3Kb
    > Used:107Kb
    > Total: 140Kb
    >
    > I understood the memory of the V600 was 5MB. Should I take it back
    > for a replacement?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Kev

    Why would you start a new thread, when all your answers for this very
    question are just a little ways below this one?
    The answers won't change, ya bring it back for a replacement. Or keep asking
    the same question over and over until the newsgroup is clogged and your
    warranty is over lol :-P

    "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote in message

    > "Kev Stacey" <largekevinstacey@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Can somebody with one if these please goto Pictures Menu - View free
    >> space and tell me what it says the memory capacity is?
    >>
    >> Mine says
    >>
    >> Label:phone
    >> Free: 33.3Kb
    >> Used:107Kb
    >> Total: 140Kb
    >>
    >> I understood the memory of the V600 was 5MB. Should I take it back
    >> for a replacement?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Kev
    >
    > Why would you start a new thread, when all your answers for this very
    > question are just a little ways below this one?
    > The answers won't change, ya bring it back for a replacement. Or keep
    > asking
    > the same question over and over until the newsgroup is clogged and your
    > warranty is over lol :-P

    Label: Phone
    Free: 4507Kb
    Used: 195Kb
    Total: 4702kb

    Simon H

    largekevinstacey@hotmail.com (Kev Stacey) wrote in

    > Can somebody with one if these please goto Pictures Menu - View free
    > space and tell me what it says the memory capacity is?
    >
    > Mine says
    >
    > Label:phone
    > Free: 33.3Kb
    > Used:107Kb
    > Total: 140Kb
    >
    > I understood the memory of the V600 was 5MB. Should I take it back
    > for a replacement?

    It's 5 MB alright, but what you experience could be caused by a bug in
    the software, not necessarily a hardware defect. I've experienced
    something similar with a couple of pictures and sounds I had previously
    uploaded into the phone. After tinkering a bit with the files I uploaded
    (attributing categories I think), they "disappeared" from the listings,
    but still seemed to occupy memory. The was useable memory was shown as
    2.5ish MB (5 MB minus the "invisible" files), but I could not delete
    those files. My solution was to Apply "Master Reset" and "Master Clear"
    (I did both at once, not sure which of the two did the trick). After that
    the "invisible" files reappeared, I could delete them manually, and the
    useable memory was 5 MB again. Be warned that you lose all personal
    settings and possibly emails and SMS stored in the phone if you do that.

    Regards

    --
    Klänge
    Für Millionen

    largekevinstacey@hotmail.com (Kev Stacey) wrote in

    > Can somebody with one if these please goto Pictures Menu - View free
    > space and tell me what it says the memory capacity is?
    >
    > Mine says
    >
    > Label:phone
    > Free: 33.3Kb
    > Used:107Kb
    > Total: 140Kb
    >
    > I understood the memory of the V600 was 5MB. Should I take it back
    > for a replacement?

    It's 5 MB alright, but what you experience could be caused by a bug in
    the software, not necessarily a hardware defect. I've experienced
    something similar with a couple of pictures and sounds I had previously
    uploaded into the phone. After tinkering a bit with the files I uploaded
    (attributing categories I think), they "disappeared" from the listings,
    but still seemed to occupy memory. The was useable memory was shown as
    2.5ish MB (5 MB minus the "invisible" files), but I could not delete
    those files. My solution was to Apply "Master Reset" and "Master Clear"
    (I did both at once, not sure which of the two did the trick). After that
    the "invisible" files reappeared, I could delete them manually, and the
    useable memory was 5 MB again. Be warned that you lose all personal
    settings and possibly emails and SMS stored in the phone if you do that.

    Regards

    --
    Klänge
    Für Millionen
    Überwinden
    Die Distanzen

    "Kev Stacey" <largekevinstacey@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Can somebody with one if these please goto Pictures Menu - View free
    > space and tell me what it says the memory capacity is?
    >
    > Mine says
    >
    > Label:phone
    > Free: 33.3Kb
    > Used:107Kb
    > Total: 140Kb

    Mine says...

    Free: 4773kb
    Used: 2295kb
    Total: 7069kb
    :o)

    "Gøñzølã" <T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m> wrote in message

    > "Kev Stacey" <largekevinstacey@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Can somebody with one if these please goto Pictures Menu - View free
    > > space and tell me what it says the memory capacity is?
    > >
    > > Mine says
    > >
    > > Label:phone
    > > Free: 33.3Kb
    > > Used:107Kb