mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Just started replaying this after a number of years and was wondering if
anyone can remember what it is that triggers Nilos appearence. I`ve checked
out on UHS but the hints just assume he is there (in the hotel lobby). Also,
before I get too far into the game, were there any patches for this game? I
forgot to check before I started playing.

mick

mick wrote:

> Just started replaying this after a number of years and was wondering if
> anyone can remember what it is that triggers Nilos appearence. I`ve checked
> out on UHS but the hints just assume he is there (in the hotel lobby). Also,
> before I get too far into the game, were there any patches for this game? I
> forgot to check before I started playing.
>
> mick

I think you need to talk thoroughly to Chelsea for Nilo to appear.

mick wrote:
> Just started replaying this after a number of years and was wondering if
> anyone can remember what it is that triggers Nilos appearence. I`ve checked
> out on UHS but the hints just assume he is there (in the hotel lobby). Also,
> before I get too far into the game, were there any patches for this game? I
> forgot to check before I started playing.
>
> mick

Yes there is a patch. Email me at jahansen1(dot)@cox(dot)net and I will
send your the patch.

spoiler
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
Talk to Chelsea. You must get her to agree to go out on a date with you.
Now, head over to the Ritz and talk to Nilo. Pay Nilo the $2100 for your
back rent and then question him about Thomas Malloy. Nilo will ask you
for an additional $100 dollars for the information so pay him. Nilo will
tell you the room Malloy stayed in and that Malloy used a different name
while a resident. Now, go to Malloy's room and check it out. When you
get there you will find out that Nilos' put a keyless entry lock on the
door and omitted to give you the entry code. Get your money's worth or
pay Nilo an additional $500 for the code if you are working on the
Mission Street path or you can threaten him for the code if you are
working on the Boulevard of Broken Dreams path. It's up to you. Now,
head back up to Malloy's room. As soon as you enter the room you get
knocked out. This takes you to day two.

make sure you also pick up any items you may find on the street.

"mick" <coughcough.@privacy.com> wrote in message
> Just started replaying this after a number of years and was wondering if
> anyone can remember what it is that triggers Nilos appearence. I`ve
checked
> out on UHS but the hints just assume he is there (in the hotel lobby).
Also,
> before I get too far into the game, were there any patches for this game?
> forgot to check before I started playing.
>
> mick

As I recall, you have to find Nilo's wallet.

Bubby