Cannot use manual IP setting through switch

Tal770

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
We have modem router 4-port with IP range 10.0.0.1 - 30 setting
one port goes to a library where we have a 8-port switch STLAB SWHUB-8p serving 2 pc with auto IP setting (internet works fine)
and one port goes to another corner of the library to a switch TP-LINK TL-SF1008D V4.1
4 pc are connected and a printer all are set with manual IP in an active rang of the router 10.0.0.10 - 14 they have to be on manual IP becuse of the ptinter.
they cannot connect to the internet but I get the message connected
If I change them to auto IP - they can connect to the internet, the router gives them an IP.
what could be wrong here?

Tal770

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012

To clearify the setting - Modem Router ---> STLAB NwaySwitch ---> TP-link switch---> 4 pc's and printer
---> 2 pc's

Very carefully check the subnet mask and gateway you are manually inputting to the printers.

Maybe the easy solution is to put in static DHCP in the router for each printer. That way you could leave the printer auto and have the router always give out the same IP

Tal770

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
I checked the subnet mask and gateway and they are all set correct.
I'm not sure I can set the printer as you suggested, one pc is a printer server that control the printer with a card reader that each student has his/her card to print and the setting is done on the print server