HELP-- V710 I can;t find the Files on TRANSFLASH Card! Hel..

Last response: in Brands
Share
October 12, 2004 4:51:59 PM

I just got the phone and like it alot. I got the Tranflash card. Put
the files on the card and put the card in the phone and do not see
anything from the card? I tryed to repower up the phone as well.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks.

--
2fast4u
http://cellphoneforums.net

"2fast4u" <2fast4u.1e0z2f@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> I just got the phone and like it alot. I got the Tranflash card. Put
> the files on the card and put the card in the phone and do not see
> anything from the card? I tryed to repower up the phone as well.
>
> Can anyone help me out with this?

Did you format the transflash card in the phone before you put the files on
it from the PC? If not, format it first with the phone. Also WHAT KIND of
files did you put on the card that you wanted to put on the phone? The phone
only supports .jpg pics, .gif pics, .mid sound files, and .mp3 sound files.
The .jpg files should be sized at 176(v) by 220(h) is you want to use them
as wallpaper. .GIF files can be a problem if they're too big, especially
some animated gifs.

Same thing goes for midi files and mp3 files. Cut them down a bit if you can
using a midi editor to cut them down to 30 seconds or less if you can. Also
some type 1 midi files will not work I hear, only type 0. MP3 files should
also be cut down in both sample rate and size (length) using a program such
as (free) audacity so that they are no longer than 10-30 seconds in length
(assuming you want to use them as ringers). If you want to put 'regular' mp3
files on the phone, you're going to be wasting a lot of space and I
recommend a regular mp3 player for that useage.

--
God Bless America!

Bob the Printer

Our web pages are located at:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bdolson/

Now with a picture link to the webcam near
Mount St. Helens volcano!

Or you can click on the link below to go to the
the Mt. St. Helens page.
http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/

Please note that if it's nighttime there you
will see nothing but 'hash' in the picture.
October 13, 2004 5:15:57 PM

I put some files in the Root and still not showing up. Do you just look
for them on the phone where the other pics and videos you took on the
phone?

Do you need to Load the stuff to the phone or dose it take it from the
card when you power up the phone?

Thanks.

--
2fast4u
http://cellphoneforums.net

I really don't know what you might be doing wrong, but try putting the files
in the root directory of the card instead of in the folders. It SHOULD work
either way (it does on mine)..
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 4:54:54 PM

"2fast4u" <2fast4u.1e2v4s@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> I put some files in the Root and still not showing up. Do you just look
> for them on the phone where the other pics and videos you took on the
> phone?
>
> Do you need to Load the stuff to the phone or dose it take it from the
> card when you power up the phone?

You need to 'switch storage device' on the phone in order to see the files
on the card. Then you can move or copy from the card to the phone if you
wish. After you've done that you should switch storage devices again back to
the phone and make sure that the pics or sounds got transferred ok.

--
God Bless America!

Bob the Printer

Our web pages are located at:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bdolson/

Now with a picture link to the webcam near
Mount St. Helens volcano!

Or you can click on the link below to go to the
the Mt. St. Helens page.
http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/

Please note that if it's nighttime there you
will see nothing but 'hash' in the picture.
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 4:59:34 PM

"2fast4u" <2fast4u.1e3ozt@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> How do I Swith it? Could you give me more info?

While you are viewing the menu of pictures or sounds hit the menu key and
'switch storage device' will be in that menu. In the sounds menu it should
be at the bottom of the screen. In the pictures menu you'll either have to
scroll down to it or (assuming you have 'scroll wrap around' set in the
settings/intial setup menu) scroll up a few times until the 'switch storage
device' choice is selected.

--
God Bless America!

Bob the Printer

Our web pages are located at:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bdolson/

Now with a picture link to the webcam near
Mount St. Helens volcano!

Or you can click on the link below to go to the
the Mt. St. Helens page.
http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/

Please note that if it's nighttime there you
will see nothing but 'hash' in the picture.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 6:58:33 PM

I am having the same trouble with my mp3. I am downloaded the mp3
from my computer, but it doesn't show up on my phone. I am in the
right storage device. Any other suggestions?

---
Posted via http://www.mPedia.com
Mobile Technology Forums

http://www.usenet.com