PS3 messes up my WiFi, HELP!

BrickBrain

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
Hi everyone!

I recently moved house and am currently using Virgin Media internet. It is very good and I have no problems with it other than after I've used my PS3. It's all fine while it is turned on, but as soon as I turn it off the wireless becomes inaccessible. I can still see it as an available network, but when I press connect it just can't connect at all. Restarting the router fixes the issue.

Please help!!

P.S.

The problem exists with my Windows 7 laptop, a Mac computer, an Android phone and an iPhone, so it isn't the device - the PS3 messes it up in some way.

TheTyperofTruth

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Are you sure? Because I use a PS3 right under my pc, literally! I had an old XP and the keyboard couldn't be used by my new windows 7 laptop so I replaced it with a Ps3 and I replaced the monitor with a tv. I use it sometimes together with my computer, (at the same time) and no wifi is bad. You say it happens a lot? Try plugging it into a different outlet and try again. Do you use your PS3 for online or offline? Please give me more information. :D

BrickBrain

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012

Of course I am sure, otherwise I wouldn't be using the forums.

The internet comes from a coaxial cable connected to the virgin media router (VMDG480), and the router transmits it over wifi to all the devices in the house. The wireless signal is fast and strong, and it works fine when I turn the PS3 on. The PS3 connects to the wifi and I can download games updates, the usual. But when I turn the PS3 off, the wireless becomes unavailable to other devices. I have to restart the router to make it useable again.

The wireless is in 2.4GHz WPA2-PSK 802.11n mode. I don't know what to do...

TheTyperofTruth

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Is downloading game updates a necessity? I usually don't. Try getting rid of the wifi settings on your PS3 and try again. It will probably work. If it doesn't, just reply. :D