OK Where is the PSU fan cable....

majorwood

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2002
Ok hi guys

Im building my first machine and i i like everything to go smoothly.. the machine is for a friend..

Anyhow i have replaced nearly every component in a PC over time but i havent built one up from scratch..

Iv read up and it all seems straight forward.....

EXCEPT FOR ONE THING

In the manual it mentions (manual is online i havent got the mobo yet) it mentions a PSU fan and connecting it to the MOBO. now i had a look at my friends duron (the machine that is getting sacrificed for the case and Hdisk... tte rest is going for a cheap ££). and the PSU doesnt seem to have any cables comming off for a fan just the regular power cables... do not all PSU's have fans that connect to mobo's. I was planning on using the same ATX case..... have i overlooked something...

Its just the the online manual has the same connection as the CPU fan cable... which is easy for an idiot to find.... but i can find no similar connections anywhere else.. sockets for other fans. but nothing connected

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
A lot of motherboards have a power supply fan connector, but few power supplies have an external fan connection. You would have to modify the power supply to have the cable run out.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>