Changing to Motorola

Last response: in Brands
October 14, 2004 1:23:44 PM

Hi folks,

Changing from a Nokia 8910i to a Moto V3 and a V525 (V500). What are these
Moto's like? Do they learn new words for texting? Is the menu and general
usability fast?

I don't want much from a phone, just want it to be quick, reliable, and have
most sensible functions.

Any experiences from people appreciated. Should I stick to Nokia?

TIA,

gbnews

More about : changing motorola

Anonymous
October 14, 2004 9:12:35 PM

I made the switch from a very basic Nokia 3900 to the Moto V300 a
couple of months ago. I will never go back. The menu structure is
different as are some of the command names. But all in all it is a
great phone.

BBmaaaaa

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:23:44 +0100, "gbnews" <mati@btinternet.com>
wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>Changing from a Nokia 8910i to a Moto V3 and a V525 (V500). What are these
>Moto's like? Do they learn new words for texting? Is the menu and general
>usability fast?
>
>I don't want much from a phone, just want it to be quick, reliable, and have
>most sensible functions.
>
>Any experiences from people appreciated. Should I stick to Nokia?
>
>TIA,
>
>gbnews

Anonymous
October 15, 2004 2:30:03 AM

> Any experiences from people appreciated. Should I stick to Nokia?

From a new user of a V600, coming from an old 5110 "brick", Nokia seem to
have more useful features readily available - things like calling one of
the last numbers dialled all available within a couple of keypresses.

With my new V600 I have to flip it open, navigate my phone directory,
find the number I want, then eventually dial. Not as easy when you`re sat
at traffic lights, that`s for sure - and something I miss terribly :-/

I used to be able to simply press "up" then dial.

October 15, 2004 2:30:04 AM

"Colin Wilson" <void@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> Any experiences from people appreciated. Should I stick to Nokia?
>
> From a new user of a V600, coming from an old 5110 "brick", Nokia seem to
> have more useful features readily available - things like calling one of
> the last numbers dialled all available within a couple of keypresses.
>
> With my new V600 I have to flip it open, navigate my phone directory,
> find the number I want, then eventually dial. Not as easy when you`re sat
> at traffic lights, that`s for sure - and something I miss terribly :-/
>
> I used to be able to simply press "up" then dial.

If you press the send button you automatically get the list of recently
dialed numbers, the most recent at the top.

Education before criticism
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 3:51:30 AM

> If you press the send button you automatically get the list of recently
> dialed numbers, the most recent at the top.

Having tried it, I concede that was a little easier than I expected, but
I still have to piddle around opening it up to dial. I used to be able to
do this on the Nokia without taking my eyes off the road :-}

October 15, 2004 3:57:09 AM

Then why did you buy a FLIP phone??

>Having tried it, I concede that was a little easier than I expected, but
>I still have to piddle around opening it up to dial. I used to be able to
>do this on the Nokia without taking my eyes off the road :-}
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 12:38:38 PM

> Then why did you buy a FLIP phone??

Error of judgement :-}

October 15, 2004 3:04:51 PM

"gbnews" <mati@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hi folks,
>
> Changing from a Nokia 8910i to a Moto V3 and a V525 (V500). What are
these
> Moto's like? Do they learn new words for texting? Is the menu and general
> usability fast?
>
> I don't want much from a phone, just want it to be quick, reliable, and
have
> most sensible functions.
>
> Any experiences from people appreciated. Should I stick to Nokia?
>
> TIA,
>
> gbnews

Thanks for all the comments guys. V3 been delivered on Tuesday.
!