HELP-I killed my music collection | Access Denied errors

Okay, it's all still there but here's my issue in detail: I was trying to reorganize my itunes/music folders. The way I have been doing it is I basically have my music in 2 different folders (iTunes and another seperate music folder). I did this because I am a bit new to how iTunes organizes my music and I like having my music in folders the way I want. Anyway that's not the issue; the issue is I decided to start fresh with deleting all my iTunes music (still stewing in recycle bin) and just do the the old drag and drop from my backup music folder. So I just dragged all my folders into iTunes. Then I went to browse my music folders (non iTunes) and it keeps giving me a "Permission Denied"

If it makes any difference all my media music/videos are stored on external Seagate 320GB HD. I can still access all my Videos but every time I try to open any of my music folders I get the this error "you do not have permission to view this object's security properties"

Well I got past that buy changing that folders permissions under advanced. The issue I have now is I have to do this for EVERY FOLDER AND EVERY FILE/SONG IN THOSE FOLDERS.

What did I do, and is there a easier way to fix this?
3 answers Last reply
More about help killed music collection access denied errors
  1. Open the properties of the top level folder and click the advanced button on the security page. Set the permissions you want, tick the "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" option and hit apply.
  2. Hello, thanks for the reply. I check the "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and it starts to look promising, then starts giving these errors.

Now the problem went from bad to WORSE. I get these same errors on my Movies folder on this same drive. :cry: :cry: :cry:

3. Problem solved!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/atta..._jcgriff2_.zip

Then go to a folder/file, RIGHT-click on it, select "Take Ownership".
Ask a new question

Read More

Security iTunes Music Windows 7