Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone know of a good place in NYC to try/buy microhones ? . I
tried calling Sam Ash but I hate being bounced around and put on hold

I saw "Crown Cm 700 match pair for $500" at Sweetwater site also Shure
KSM137/sl Stereo pair mic or $600 also at Swetwaters _but_ I would like to
try some microphones out and buy from the *locals

This microphone would be for classical guitar , recording most the time in
a shoe box space. Any other suggestions for Microphone pair's under
$600.00 ?

Looking for monitors for $500 or under . I was looking here
http://www.sweetwater.com/studio_monitors/studio-active-monitors.php but
again I rather look in my town

Thank you.
Peace,
Ed Bridge
Brooklyn N.Y.
http://www.bridgeclassicalguitars.com/

* got a rebate from the city and I think the deal is to buy from our city
:>)

** If in Brooklyn /New York City area , I'm looking for a Stereo Pair of
Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone." I have to trade Sony Stereo
Microphone http://www.bsu.edu/met/gobbledygook/cr/sony/sony_999_info.html
and a Tascam Dat machine .
If you want to sell out right I have some cash too.

"Edward Bridge" <edbridge@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a good place in NYC to try/buy microhones ? . I
> tried calling Sam Ash but I hate being bounced around and put on hold
>
> I saw "Crown Cm 700 match pair for $500" at Sweetwater site also Shure
> KSM137/sl Stereo pair mic or $600 also at Swetwaters _but_ I would like
> try some microphones out and buy from the *locals
>
> This microphone would be for classical guitar , recording most the time
in
> a shoe box space. Any other suggestions for Microphone pair's under
> $600.00 ?

_______________________

A pair of SM58s
-bg-
--
www.thelittlecanadaheadphoneband.ca
www.lchb.ca

In article <lTd8d.3273$gs1.377@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net> edbridgeNOSPAM@earthlink.net writes:

> Does anyone know of a good place in NYC to try/buy microhones ? . I
> tried calling Sam Ash but I hate being bounced around and put on hold

That's the way it goes when dealing with a large music store. I've
heard good reports about Dale, and B&H has a nice looking showroom in
their ads.

<< "Edward Bridge" <edbridgeNOSPAM@earthlink.net> >>
<< Does anyone know of a good place in NYC to try/buy microhones ? . I
tried calling Sam Ash but I hate being bounced around and put on hold

I saw "Crown Cm 700 match pair for $500" at Sweetwater site also Shure
KSM137/sl Stereo pair mic or $600 also at Swetwaters _but_ I would like to
try some microphones out and buy from the *locals

This microphone would be for classical guitar , recording most the time in
a shoe box space. Any other suggestions for Microphone pair's under
$600.00 ?

Looking for monitors for $500 or under . I was looking here
http://www.sweetwater.com/studio_monitors/studio-active-monitors.php but
again I rather look in my town

For monitors I'd look online for a pair of Tannoy Active Reveals, I have
seen them for less than $600 a pair being blown put. Mics, in NYC B&H Photo
has a room to try out mics, and Dale Audio has some selection as well although
I havent gone over there in a while. Used, I usually check out the suburban
GC's etc., occasionally they will have some good mics taken in on trade and
just want to turn them around quickly so they're priced to move.

Under $600 a pair mics? Well... I'd say save up till you have about
$850/900 and buy a couple used Neumann KM184's on ebay, or a new matched pair
of Oktava MC012's from www.oktava.com with a cedar box, -10 pads and 3 pairs of
capsules (omni, cardiod and hypercardiod) are $659, and are pretty decent mics
for the money. (I like the CM700's ok, but I think the Oktavas more useful
and more interesting sounding.)

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News

"WillStG" <willstg@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

> Under $600 a pair mics? Well... I'd say save up till you have about
> $850/900 and buy a couple used Neumann KM184's on ebay, or a new matched
pair
> of Oktava MC012's from www.oktava.com with a cedar box, -10 pads and 3
pairs of
> capsules (omni, cardiod and hypercardiod) are $659, and are pretty decent
mics
> for the money. (I like the CM700's ok, but I think the Oktavas more
useful
> and more interesting sounding.)

Are the Neumann KM184's better than the Oktava MC012's ?....

Sounds like I need to trade a guitar . thanks for the advice.

Edward Bridge wrote:

> Are the Neumann KM184's better than the Oktava MC012's ?....

Most folks would say "by a long shot"; still, you are the one to decide
that for yourself. But you might also do well to consider a pair of
Josephson Series 4's, available from the reknowned Mercenary Audio.

www.mercenary.com

--
ha

> Edward Bridge wrote:
>
> > Are the Neumann KM184's better than the Oktava MC012's ?....
>
> Most folks would say "by a long shot"; still, you are the one to decide
> that for yourself.
yep that was pretty dumb of me to ask, I must say. I was think of " Shure's
KSM141 stereo pair" that I saw on sweetwater before asking the "no
brainer" . .

>But you might also do well to consider a pair of
> Josephson Series 4's, available from the reknowned Mercenary Audio.
I check it out, thanks