Deep Freeze, Windows 8, and Windows updates

cocopeanut

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Hello,

I have Windows 8 and I installed Deep Freeze.

I went to "freeze" my system, however I didn't realize that Windows had to apply Windows Updates it downloaded.

My problem is now that Windows boots up, I put in my password, and before the Metro UI comes up, Windows applies some updates, and reboots. However because the system is "frozen" the changes do not persist, and therefore the process starts all over again.

I need a solution around this WITHOUT accessing Safe Mode. (Another issue with Drivers and my screen thatI don't want to get into). Thank you!

acepro71

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
-.-
why don't u use safe mode u already know the answer and u don't wanna fix it that way =.= really

or else

insert window 8 disk>repair my pc>use systemrestore point done
im sure deepfreeze made and system restore when u installed it

hope this helps if not just reply back we are here to help u

am54ful

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013

I think that u f to unfreeze by pressing ctrl+shift+alt+f6 and u enter your password and select boot thawed and reboot. after that reboot for the 2nd time and it should not show the installing updates. i'm not sure what u mean if u don't want to apply this update, i think u would not be able to change the installing update because u have apply the windows updates (not sure how to explain u) . but if u don't want to install the driver then u should undergoes system restore and restore to earlier time