Sign in with
Your question

Laptop doing weird things (files missing)

Tags:
  • Security
  • Laptops
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
May 9, 2012 10:17:52 PM

I have a windows 7 laptop. It was at home on the weekend, connected to the internet, no password :( . Nobody was home. When I came home, and went on, I noticed that a bunch of files were missing, and I have not been able to find them them. I have Norton Internet Security installed, and I ran a scan with malwarebytes which also did not find anything. The funny thing is that I have noticed other random little strange things going on. is it possible that someone is logging in remotely without me knowing? I'm getting really sick of this happening. I have event viewer logs from the weekend, and I can run hijackthis etc, I just want to get over with this..:( 

More about : laptop weird things files missing

a b 8 Security
a c 572 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
May 9, 2012 10:22:27 PM

What type of files are missing?
m
l
a b 8 Security
a c 249 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
May 9, 2012 10:26:22 PM

Hi :) 

Someone DELETED them in person ??

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
Related resources
May 10, 2012 6:54:36 PM

WR2 said:
What type of files are missing?

pretty much it is documents/ pictures from the documents and pictures folder respectively
m
l
May 10, 2012 7:16:33 PM

Do you know any of the file names? If so, do a search and make sure they haven't been moved to a different location. Have any other weird things been happening with this laptop? Do you have a wireless network? How do you connect to the Internet, DSL, cable modem, etc?
m
l
!