White Chamber download question

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

I have tried to download The White Chamber several time but just wind
up with a desktop file, thewhitechambersetup.exe, 24.1kb in size. I
have a cable connection so don't want to use the http site; I have
e-donkey taking all bittorrent links - what's going wrong? Can anyone
tell me how to get this game to download? Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about white chamber download question
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    Cassie wrote in news:vlf8a1pacpd6pr1a04k6m7jbdsetu56fd0@4ax.com:

    > I have tried to download The White Chamber several time but just wind
    > up with a desktop file, thewhitechambersetup.exe, 24.1kb in size. I
    > have a cable connection so don't want to use the http site; I have
    > e-donkey taking all bittorrent links - what's going wrong? Can anyone
    > tell me how to get this game to download? Thanks.

    That 24.1 kB file would be the torrent file, which contains the
    information needed to download the game with a torrent client. (It
    should be called thewhitechamberSETUP.exe.torrent but I suppose you
    have file extensions hidden?) You say you use e-donkey for torrent
    downloads. Then I assume you should be able to open this file with e-
    donkey and download the setup program. I haven't used e-donkey, but
    that's how simple it is with the official bittorrent client anyway.

    Rikard
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

    On 6 Jun 2005 13:52:15 GMT, Rikard Peterson <trumgottist@bigfoot.com>
    wrote:

    >Cassie wrote in news:vlf8a1pacpd6pr1a04k6m7jbdsetu56fd0@4ax.com:
    >
    >> I have tried to download The White Chamber several time but just wind
    >> up with a desktop file, thewhitechambersetup.exe, 24.1kb in size. I
    >> have a cable connection so don't want to use the http site; I have
    >> e-donkey taking all bittorrent links - what's going wrong? Can anyone
    >> tell me how to get this game to download? Thanks.
    >
    >That 24.1 kB file would be the torrent file, which contains the
    >information needed to download the game with a torrent client. (It
    >should be called thewhitechamberSETUP.exe.torrent but I suppose you
    >have file extensions hidden?) You say you use e-donkey for torrent
    >downloads. Then I assume you should be able to open this file with e-
    >donkey and download the setup program. I haven't used e-donkey, but
    >that's how simple it is with the official bittorrent client anyway.

    Thank you, Rikard. I often wonder what this group would do without
    you! I reinstalled BitTorrent and downloaded the game in 12 minutes.
    Thanks, again, for all the help you have given over the years.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

PC gaming Download Video Games