White Chamber download question

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

I have tried to download The White Chamber several time but just wind
up with a desktop file, thewhitechambersetup.exe, 24.1kb in size. I
have a cable connection so don't want to use the http site; I have
e-donkey taking all bittorrent links - what's going wrong? Can anyone
tell me how to get this game to download? Thanks.

Cassie wrote in news:vlf8a1pacpd6pr1a04k6m7jbdsetu56fd0@4ax.com:

> I have tried to download The White Chamber several time but just wind
> up with a desktop file, thewhitechambersetup.exe, 24.1kb in size. I
> have a cable connection so don't want to use the http site; I have
> e-donkey taking all bittorrent links - what's going wrong? Can anyone
> tell me how to get this game to download? Thanks.

That 24.1 kB file would be the torrent file, which contains the
information needed to download the game with a torrent client. (It
should be called thewhitechamberSETUP.exe.torrent but I suppose you
have file extensions hidden?) You say you use e-donkey for torrent
downloads. Then I assume you should be able to open this file with e-
donkey and download the setup program. I haven't used e-donkey, but
that's how simple it is with the official bittorrent client anyway.

Rikard

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

On 6 Jun 2005 13:52:15 GMT, Rikard Peterson <trumgottist@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

>Cassie wrote in news:vlf8a1pacpd6pr1a04k6m7jbdsetu56fd0@4ax.com:
>
>> I have tried to download The White Chamber several time but just wind
>> up with a desktop file, thewhitechambersetup.exe, 24.1kb in size. I
>> have a cable connection so don't want to use the http site; I have
>> e-donkey taking all bittorrent links - what's going wrong? Can anyone
>> tell me how to get this game to download? Thanks.
>
>That 24.1 kB file would be the torrent file, which contains the
>information needed to download the game with a torrent client. (It
>should be called thewhitechamberSETUP.exe.torrent but I suppose you
>have file extensions hidden?) You say you use e-donkey for torrent
>downloads. Then I assume you should be able to open this file with e-
>donkey and download the setup program. I haven't used e-donkey, but
>that's how simple it is with the official bittorrent client anyway.

Thank you, Rikard. I often wonder what this group would do without
you! I reinstalled BitTorrent and downloaded the game in 12 minutes.
Thanks, again, for all the help you have given over the years.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)